Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Curio: Wild Things

Alexa from Pop Elegantiarum here. While it's been in theaters for over a month, the influence of Spike Jonze’s interpretation of Where the Wild Things Are is still being felt pretty strongly. I've been enjoying following We Love You So, a collection of the art and style influences on the filmmakers. (Maurice Sendak was only the beginning.) From the influences to the influenced, here are some objects from artists and crafters out there, made in the wake of the film, that I think are pretty rad.


Maybe it's just this fabulous photo, but these pajamas from The LB Gallery look like they leapt off the screen. Oh, and they make them for adults, too.


Elizabeth Caldwell has designed the perfect holiday card for the Wild Things fan, I think.


And Chris over at mamaroots made these journals. You know, for notetaking at that wild rumpus.

Finally, I've been a fan of Nan Lawson's illustrations for awhile, and her Max illustration is one of my new favorites. She's distilled the combined spirit of the book and the film with a few simple strokes. You can buy a print at her etsy shop.

3 comments:

NATHANIEL R said...

omg. if i had little kids nothing would keep me from buying those pajamas for them. A-DOR-ABLE

Anonymous said...

Can I get them in my size? How I wish, I wish, I wish that movie has a passionate enough base to get it involved in awards season.

-VAL

Information Review said...

The movie is a joyous adaptation of one of the most beloved children's books of all time. It may just end up becoming a classic and shouldn't be missed. I