Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Curio: Odes by Elloh

Alexa from Pop Elegantiarum here to share another artful take on film. In my estimation, El Lohse (Elloh for short) creates some of the best illustrated takes on film out there. Her etsy shop is like a pop culture museum featuring innumerable idols from film and television. Here are some of my favorites in her film oeuvre.


Her ode to Once is as sweet as the film itself.


All eyes are on Olive in her take on Little Miss Sunshine.

I like that her portrait of Amelie has a little bit of menace to it (something in that film that gets forgotten, I think).



I love how she crams the frame with Hitchcockian plot in her takes on Notorious and Rear Window.

The best thing is that El sells prints of her work at a reasonable price, even on canvas. Check out her shop for more (including the results of her sizable Breakfast at Tiffany's fixation).

2 comments:

NATHANIEL R said...

god, every time i see movie artwork i think: i need to start painting again!

i got a wacom drawing tablet for christmas and I am still trying to get used to it.

it's like learning to write with my left hand or something. SO difficult... though i hear the rewards are eventually great.

Alexa said...

YES we need more posts with your artwork!