Saturday, February 26, 2005

Party Favors

Panic mode is setting in. So much to do... so little time in which to do it. I keep thinking some of my hunches that I didn't quite go with (like Swank losing) are going to happen. But I have to remind myself that that's typical day before psyche-outs. Everyone en masse usually SUDDENLY thinks anything is possible (like people thinking Crouching Tiger could beat Gladiator even though it was a Taiwanese entry. But it wouldn't make sense for M$B to be shut out and I don't see how it wins best picture without acting prizes (since it's not going to win much else) --However I do think it's possible that it loses pic & dir and ONLY wins acting.

I wanted to predict Clive Owen -feeling sudden heat for him in the air and having always felt that one of the two from Closer could take something home. But I keep thinking back to Kate Winslet at the SAG suddenly stopping the interviews on E! in order to profess her love for his work. Kate -freaking- Winslet who is a better actor than just about everyone idolizing someone else? So I keep thinking it has to be Freeman. But Clive. Clive. Clive. Why can't I let it go?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't stress; it's Freeman's year.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it really does feel like it's Freeman's year. Owen will get his (and probably sooner rather and later we can hope). But if Owen does win I'll be elated! It'll be great.

And, yes, the only prizes I have M$B winning (in my predix) are Supporting Actor and Editing. I just have a feeling that they're going to reward Scorcese and his movie and that they do have SOME common sense and will realise that Hilary does not deserve 2 Best Actress oscars and will vote for someone else.

-Glenn

Anonymous said...

This HAS been hard! Probably the most stressing Oscars ever...

www.movieskickass.com/academy_awards.html

Anonymous said...

I am so happy Jorge Drexler! By far the biggest, best (and only?) surprise of the night.

I also loved it that Kaufman and Blanchett won.

adam k. said...

Wow, how predictable this turned out to be. It really seemed like it was all up in the air, but no. Note to self: do not spend this much time and energy on the oscars next year... not worth it. So predictable. I really thoght Aviator would manage director or picture, but alas. The buzz was correct. I'm pissed that Marty lost. Nice to see Blanchett, Kaufman (yay!), and the Motorcycle Diaries song win. Also liked that Aviator swept the techs and won the most awards. But it was robbed for picture and director... and how embarrassing for Hilary Swank screaming above the music to thank her publicist... her speech was pretty good up until that. Still pissed that she won, though. ZZzzz... boring.

Jill said...

Lordy-lou, can you imagine Kate Winslet and Clive Owen doing a film together? They'll have to scrape the scorch marks off the screen.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! duck jerky in the oven Giant pool toy Credit scoring what is beacon score backpacks water filter rating malpractice and negligence law enforcement Wood wheel chair ramp plan central heating pumps http://www.nexium-cheap-4.info dental plan Altec lansing inmotion im716 headphones Good deal on bextra Makita 6101 r generator battery brackets http://www.didrexonlinecod.info suzuki gsxr 750 http://www.savaria-wheelchair-lift.info Gateway 9500 laptop battery Used white pontiac tranzam popup blocker hair loss rogaine