Friday, July 15, 2005

List-Mania

Thought I'd point you to the Cinematheque where there's a fun summer "top 5" list project going on. I meant to contribute but every time a list has come up I've thought of several films I haven't yet seen that I should see before voting. That Netflix queue just expands and expands. If you line up all the DVDs I shudder to think of how many miles of road they travel. It's a Sisyphian situation we cineastes find ourselves in. Especially those of us without buckets of free time.

Still if the movies go up even another quarter ($10.75 in Manhattan now -ouch) maybe I'll have to go cold turkey and just watch old movies on DVD for a year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh-huh. that's realistic. you not go to the movies for an entire year? what's next - you're giving up oxygen?

Joe R. said...

I believe the President's environmental plan is getting right on that.

adam k. said...

HAHAHA. I think maybe the President is actually working on eliminating oxygen AND movies. And gays, of course.

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Vancouver island - b.c interior design schools Gran canaria vehicle rental Hardcore fucking uk Asian raggedy ann Multi trip travel insurance guadeloupe Cosmetic surgery acne pitted scar Parental control for bad word chatting 169 lcd tv http://www.nice-mature-boobs.info/Free-mature-pussy-thumbs.html Bathtub crayon nude mature women Videooral sex Southern illinois university accounting jiabaohua sport Exxon bill pay Megyn price bikini Value added tax threshold fuck a mature