Sunday, January 02, 2011

Linking Soon

Jackie Beat superstar drag icon reviews The Stepford Wives (1975).
Cinema Blend Katey's top 10 list. I forgot to link up at the time but I'm always curious what friends will choose. We're about to record a podcast. Wheeee.
CineEuropa reviews the Macedonian Oscar entry Mothers.

I read this book. Thought it could be really cinematic. But only if they
bucked the trend of super faithful adaptations. Books are not movies!

Release Dates
Just Jared Tom Hardy as The Warrior gets a release date, September 9th.
Lady Gaga "Born This Way" on May 23rd.
Coming Soon Water For Elephants has a new still (to your left) and opens on April 22nd.
PlayBill looks at the upcoming Broadway openings. (Honestly, it seems like half of the shows running closed today, January 2nd, 2011.)
IndieWire looks at which 2011 releases will reflect 2010 releases. Some are obvious: 2011's Black Swan is The Wolverine. Some not so much.

Also...




The new site is up (mostly) -- it seems to be flickering in and out but should be running smoothly within the next couple of days. Still working on importing the blog. But you can see the new Oscar predictions and what not. If you're lucky. If not, try again later.

19 comments:

pomme said...

The Wolverine is the new Black Swan????
Kaboom is the new Scott Pilgrim???

Jake D said...

I'm really excited for the podcast!

Lara said...

Happy New Year! And I wasn't that lucky so I'll try later but I'm really looking forward to your new page.

Michael said...

Well a new podcast is good way to welcome in the first week of the New Year! I've been hoping that you'd all find time to record one as they are always for me the highlight of this whole 'Oscar season'.

Look forward to seeing the new site as well.

Liz said...

I'd look forward to Water the Elephants if Marlena wasnt so miscast. I can deal with Pattinson but I cant buy her trying to be sexy and alluring. Witherspoon is too much like the girls next door to make it work.

BTW I read the script and personally i thoughts it was so much more better than the book. The characters Uncle Al and August are combined together and the story just flows better.

Benji said...

Love the new site! Looks amazing!

mrripley said...

site doesn't work for me.

Unknown said...

I don't know if this is a clue to a problem, but I can access the site from my IPhone but not from my computer.
And this seems like as good a place as any to thank you for putting together such a terrific, informative and thought-provoking film experience on a daily basis. Looking forward to visiting just as constantly in 2011 as I have been since the 2007 Oscar race.

Unknown said...

Oh, and the new site looks great too. Very comprehensive.

Liz said...

Wow, the new site looks fantastic! It's so easy to navigate, and the layout is clean and great looking. Three cheers!

Philip said...

The site worked earlier but I didn't have time to view it as I had a rehearsal to go to, but now it does not work...it's not the film experience at all. Sad face.

John T said...

Yeah, I can't get the site to work either. :(

Patrick said...

Glad to hear you'll be recording a podcast, I love listening to them. Hopefully Nick won't be too disillusioned by the Oscar race this year and will participate with the rest of you guys.

Glenn said...

Not working for me yet.

I haven't read Water for Elephants, but I had always just assumed that Robert Pattinson would be better outside of the Twilight wheelhouse. Then I saw Remember Me and he was even worse! ay ay ay

RM said...

Wolverine is 2012 though

Andrew R. said...

Who thought casting Pattinson would be a good idea?

adam k. said...

Glenn, I saw Pattinson in that movie about Dalí. It was not pretty...

Poppy said...

Is Black Swan connected in any way to Wolverine besides the director?

Shit, I read Katey's top ten and I know what happens at the end of Black Swan, which is actually predictable when you think about it. Excited to see it anyway :)

Glenn said...

Adam, I remember liking him in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire so... umm... woohoo?

Nathaniel, I can see the site now. It's very... white. You've ditched your colour-coded predictions! Loving the look of it though, but will take some getting used to!