Friday, September 08, 2006

The Terrible Twos

Um. Happy Anniversary to Me. As I was wishing popbytes a happy 3rd birthday the other day, I became curious about my own blog's anniversary date. Turns out it's today. Yay, me.

I don't think much about this because I am bad at remembering important dates (just ask The Boyfriend. Wait...don't) I don't even know the birthday of the film experience proper --just that it's like 6 or 7.

This blog started out as an off-site experiment in brain vomiting. I didn't take it seriously for awhile. I think it took me until this Julianne Moore post in March of 2005 before I even added a photo. Now, I can't stop.

A big thank you to all the readers and fellow film addicts who keep me going. Some of you have been with me for years and, since the site and blog continue to grow, some of you are new. Your continued patronage warms me: I love feedback and the donations and gifts (you know who you are) are hugely appreciated since there's time and money continually going into the site and blog.

But enough navel gazing. Go see a movie! Enjoy your weekend.

One Final Note: if you're reading this thinking: Where the hell am I? What is "The Film Experience"? consider a brief tour of some greatest hits: An Object of My Obsession -Moulin Rouge! * Far From Heaven vs. Brokeback -Whose side are you on? * She's a Bitch (@ the Movies) * The FB Awards -My Annual Prizes * A History of... Angelina Jolie*

11 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Happy birthday Mr. Blog!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I must say I am very happy to have found a community of film fanatics as pathological as I am. Truly one of the best blogs I've ever read. Congratulations on two years!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
I agree, one of the best blogs there is.

Joe R. said...

Yay, happy birthday!

POPBYTES said...

ah congrats mr. nathaniel! as you know i love you and yr blog! XXOO

Glenn Dunks said...

YAY! Congrats. Seriously, the first thing I go to on the net is this blog.

I remember being here for the very first entry. I'm glad you stuck with it.

par3182 said...

happy b'day - i bow to your longevity. you know we'll never ever let you stop, don't you..?

Yaseen Ali said...

Congrats on your second year blogging and to so many spent as our resident "Film Bitch". Can't imagine the movies or Oscars without you.

Pedro said...

Happy birthday!! And many more returns!

qta said...

Happy Blog Birthday!!! You continue to have one of the mosst enjoyable blogs out there. I can't go a day without you!