Tuesday, April 19, 2005

not Bridget Jones

I keep talking about my iPod. I will eventually talk about movies again. When it will happen I do not know.

The other night I was coming home from a fun so-nice-to-see-you-again type diner dinner with my friend and on the subway en route to my spectacular new apartment --you will all have real estate envy! mwaa ha ha-- I noticed a pattern forming on my iPod's random playlist: Crazy British chicks. Siobhan Fahey (formerly of Bananarama and Shakespear's Sister. Now solo). The aforementioned Bananarama (the others being Keren, Sarah, and the one of whom we do not speak who replaced Siobhan), Kate Bush, and the set ended with Boy George... also a crazy British gal I'm sure you'll agree.

Now, they say that patterns do not really form on iPod's random setting despite much urban personal anecdotal evidence to the contrary. They say it's all mental and mnemonic associations based on the fact that we ourselves select the thousands of songs that the iPod has to choose from when in shuffle mode. But I don't believe this. My iPod really does create its own concept albums!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nathaniel -- I think you are lying about your IPOD because you have yet to mention one single showtune....

NATHANIEL R said...

ha ha.

actually in personal music facts part 2 you have the great TONYA PINKINS showstopper.

in personal music facts part 1 you have the Jane Krakowski sex kitten showstopper.

how's that for song and dance~

Anonymous said...

I imagine you secretly play a little ANNIE or THE WIZ as well, but I'll give you props for admitting to those divas! ;)

Anonymous said...

" Siobhan Fahey (formerly of Bananarama and Shakespear's Sister. Now solo)."

in the words of Kyle's mother in South Park:

WHAT WHAT WHAAATT?

She's solo? LimeWire here I come

-Glenn