Monday, February 05, 2007

We Can't Wait #15 Hot Fuzz

Nathaniel: That title sounds dirty to me. Is it a movie about sweet sweet puppet love? Someone please to explain.

Lulu: If 'twere about "sweet sweet puppet love" 'twould have certainly been on my list. But as 'tis, I've no clue. Seems like one of those English country murder mysteries with a big blood-pac budget.

JA: Come on, people! These guys made Shaun of the Dead! Shaun of the freakin' Dead!!! What, just me? (Though dirty puppet sex would have also been cool.)

Joe: Seriously, y’all, I’m with Jason. Shaun of the Dead! Only the finest in zombie comedy filmmaking this millennium! Check out the trailer – it looks like all the best aspects of Super Troopers and the Beastie Boys Sabotage video (that’s a good thing, people) wrapped up in a delicate shell of awesomeness and Bill Nighy.

Lulu: Well, I'm sufficiently schooled now. (Though some puppet sex would've been nifty)

Gabriel: Stinky and Nathaniel, please report to the principal's office. An immediate showing of Shaun of the Dead will be required in detention hall. Seriously. Great movie. Can't wait to see what they do next.

Nathaniel: I've seen it. I've seen it. Just didn't make the connection. I'm busy!


Readers how did you feel about Shaun and will you be lining up for Hot Fuzz? You'll get that action comedy fix in April.

UPDATED: Film Ick has been chatting with the makers of Hot Fuzz.

previously on "we can't wait"
#16 Stardust
#17 The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
#18 Spider-Man 3
#19 Rendition
#20 The Bourne Ultimatum
Intro -films that didn't make the list

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, "Hot Fuzz"! Definitely looking forward to this one. Love Paddy Considine in the trailer, who is practically unrecognizable as the angry and heavily mustachioed cop.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I liked Shaun of the Dead. So hopefully this movie will be good too.

Glenn Dunks said...

Shaun was great stuff. Here's hoping Hot Fuzz gets a better deal in the States than Shaun did.

disco kuusisto said...

Shaun of the Dead was fantastic and so was the TV show Spaced, which was co written by Simon Pegg and has the lovely Nick Frost in it as well. I am very excited for Hot Fuzz, and seeing Nick and Simon again but also the array of british talent make appearances throughout the film.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, big fan of Spaced and SOTD, so this is high on my list too.

Clare said...

I'm not a huge fan of zombie movies, but I love SotD so much I bought it on DVD. Simon Pegg's freakout in the bar at the end was actually really affecting.