Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Cliffs of Insanity

This is how bad it's gotten. I see a picture of Michelle Pfeiffer on a cliff as tiny as an ant and I get all freakishly impatient and I think of nothing else. My whole being teetering on my own clifftop of anticipation.
Someone save me from myself! Stardust could never live up to this amount of pent-up longing for my favorite movie star. Hell, my favorite movie star could never live up to my longing for my favorite movie star. I think I have finally lost my mind with the wait. I stare at this picture of Michelle Pfeiffer and I am only longing and I hear only Björk's Hyperballad racing through my mind.
we live on a mountain
right at the top
there's a beautiful view
from the top of the mountain
every morning i walk towards the edge
and throw little things off
...like my sanity. I wonder what my sanity would sound like, slamming, against the rocks.

p.s. the title of this post is actually the name of a blog i've dropped in on occassionally but it was too perfect to pass up for this particular posting. mwah 'lovestrong', thanks for the loan

p.s. 2 there's also an online petition you can sign to ask the distributors and production company of Pfeiffer's romantic comedy I Could Never Be Your Woman to treat the film with more respect and get it out there to the public.

3 comments:

Michael Parsons said...

I am reading Stardust, and do not hold high hopes for this movie. Alot to live up to. Plus a advanced review on Ain't it cool dashes my hopes.
Here is hoping Michelle pulls through (Although thinking she is miscast, unless they do some SUPERB aging make up)

Anonymous said...

Michael, what review did you read? all the reviews on AICN were VERY positive, and the only reason i could imagine you feel Michelle is miscast is I believe the witch in the book had brown hair?? other than that, what's the reason? also, one or two of the reviews did say Michelle does wear some amazing looking make-up to make her look really old and creepy.

Anonymous said...

Michelle Pfeiffer will be "AMAZING".