Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Links & Delurkers

<---La Pfeiffer and Sienna Miller at another Stardust premiere elsewhere. Poor Sienna... Poor anybody who has to stand next to Michelle.

Ken Levine The difficulty of episode two (after the pilot episode, what then?)
ModFab has thoughts on 19 (19?!) new TV shows
Lazy Eye tortoise or hare zombies?
Anne Thompson surveys the major media attempts at awards-blogging
ZigZigger thinks Hotel Chevalier is wonderful. (I concur) Maybe the short film is Wes Anderson's true calling?
BuzzSugar preview for SciFi's show "Tin Man"

<--- I didn't find about about the great mofo delurk until today. It's a day designed to get the lurkers everywhere on the web to type a word or five into those little white boxes on their favorite blogs. But today is the day. I didn't miss it. So if you've been reading the film experience in silence now is the time to finally say hello. Tell us one thing about yo'self. Come out of that dusty closet and admit you read this blog.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This site is near the top of my blog bookmarks and I check in more times a day than I care to admit, but yeah, I don't comment much. My bad.

Anonymous said...

OK Nathaniel, I admit I'm a regular lurker. I look forward to hearing your opinions on new films, and I especially want to praise you for your extensive coverage of foreign films. I'm also constantly pushing people to get over their fear of subtitles and open themselves to a whole world of great films. I really liked the foreign box office list you gave us in 2005 and would love to see it every year.
-The Wisteria

Donald Kwan said...

This is Donald from Hong Kong, I like your site and blog very much!!! Subscribed your blog, read your articles everytime you update them, maybe my blog(but in Chinese) readers too.

Anonymous said...

I think I've commented once or twice in the past year or so, but since I read the blog every day that's not a great ratio. Having recently started college in Manhattan, it's possibly even more enjoyable to read now that stuff like the New York Film Festival feels local. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

My name is Kate and I'm a Film Experience Blog subscriber. Is it time for everyone to make me feel safe, now?

All joking aside, I enjoy reading the blog and your style. Congrats on your success, and cheers to bigger and better things in the future.

New York bloggers have to stick together, after all...

NATHANIEL R said...

dave, wisteria, donald, tim and kate breathing that fresh air of commenting land. i'm glad you're all here.

Santhosh kumar.S said...

nice blog ......i like it...

Alex said...

Alright, you got me... I've been lurking since at least 2003 (before there was a blog!), and I've been reading every day since. Your website is awesome, Nat. Keep up the good work and my apologies for not commenting before!

NATHANIEL R said...

santhosh & alex thanks for visiting (frequently)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Anne Thompson link, Nat - not for the awards comments but when I went backward on her blog I discovered two clips comparing the original stage version of Sweeney Todd with the revivial (from the Tony Awards). I am still kicking myself that I didn't make the attempt to come to NYC to see the revivial - it looks magnificent. *sniffle*

RedSatinDoll