Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mom, Todd's Playing With Dolls Again!

How great is this? Todd Haynes spoofs his own filmography for a special screening of his 1995 masterpiece [safe], part of the "Eco Sicko" special program at the Northwest Film Center in Haynes hometown of Portland, Oregon.



Seems the auteur couldn't introduce the [safe] retrospective screening on account of promoting I'm Not There right here @ the NYFF (as previously discussed) So he sent Carol White instead!

Nathaniel to mirror: [whispery voice] "I love Todd... I really love Todd ... I love Todd..." [Fade out]

My thanks to the fine folks at the NW Film Center Portland Art Museum for informing me of this tiny gem.

5 comments:

adam k. said...

"the Kathryn Hepburn" one... that's funny.

It actually took me a sec to figure out what that meant.

Jason Adams said...

AWESOME.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! And I've never even seen Safe - thanks, Nat.

RedSatinDoll

Anonymous said...

Amazing. The schedule of films shown looks awesome! My film group at Yale did a 35mm Eco Terror double feature of Safe and Red Desert and it was one of the best (if not the most soul-crushing) evenings of cinema ever.

eindeloze sfeer said...

Hilarious! I started LMAO when I saw Lester.