Sunday, January 27, 2008

Podcast Deux

How's this for ironic... the second episode of the film experience podcast features a sound guy (12 time Oscar nominee Greg P Russell) and the sound quality of the interview leaves much to be desired. To explain: Half of the interview you're about to hear was conducted over the summer before Transformers rampaged through theaters and before I knew what the hell I was doing with podcasting. Ahhh, the joys of learning on the job. So sequentially this came before I spoke with the delicious Marisa Tomei. Before --that's the long and short of it, my excuse. I'm most improved.

Episode 2
Click on over to iTunes and subscribe. It's free. If you don't have iTunes you can get the enhanced podcast (with photos) with an RSS feed here. And if you don't have iTunes or RSS, you can simply listen to the mp3 version of the Greg P Russell Oscar nomination discussion or the earlier Marisa Tomei Interview.

In the new interview Greg talks about his whole career and this year's Oscar competition --he's glad he's not competing against a musical again but No Country For Old Men is a chilling rival. After the interview there's a three-way chat about the Oscar nominations with Joe Reid of Television Without Pity and Susan Posnock of Awards Daily. Enjoy. Now, I'm off to see the new Broadway production of Sunday in the Park with George !

P.S. if you like the podcasts so far, please use that "tell a friend" feature @ iTunes where you can e-mail the link to whomever you think might be interested. For some reason I'm not yet showing on their "search" feature so this is the easiest way to spread the word. Thank you

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i got you on my subscriptions but it's not automatically downloading hmmm..

-ryansumera

Dame James said...

It was such a treat opening up my iTunes 20 minutes ago and seeing that the second podcast was downloading. I can't wait to listen to it!

Anonymous said...

Tell me what you think of Sunday in the park...I'm going to see it soon...as well as Dangerous Liaisons with laura linney:-)

Anonymous said...

You're going to see Sunday in the Park with George? Color me jealous! The video of the original musical with Patinkin and Peters was a formative experience for me in my teens. Review, please?

RedSatinDoll

Anonymous said...

julie & javier & danny d-l will win! hopefully ruby too.

adam k. said...

OK so yeah I predicted all 5 winners tonight. I'm awesome. For anyone who's interested, I also live-blogged the show (on my blog).

Anonymous said...

Holy Fuck !
Nat, have you seen Pfeiffer at the Sags ? She's so f**** hot ! She really works her new 'do

Mattie Lucas said...

OMG I'm so jealous! I LOVE "Sunday in the Park with George. I just discovered it recently...it's Sondheim at his best.

adam k. said...

I agree that Sunday in the Park with George is choice. I think it was the first Sondheim I saw (college production). I still haven't seen that many.

russtifer said...

Very entertaining podcast, thanks Nat and co!