Monday, March 09, 2009

Breakfast With... Georgia

"Oh my god what is that?"


Lindsay Lohan has trouble recognizing solids. Duh, Linds, it's oatmeal with blueberries. Orange juice and toast on the side. Georgia (Jane Fonda) provides. Blueberries... damn, wish they were in season. So good for you. They improve your memory, prevent cancer, all sorts of good things.

"You visit this blog, you eat breakfast. Georgia Nathaniel Rule!"

P.S. Now that Fonda is working again can someone give her a great role? We need one more Klute or Coming Home or They Shoot Horses... I think. One more for the road.
*

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate to say it Nathan but they don't make movies like that anymore. That's why she has to accept those bland roles as mother in law from hell and wise granmas. I have the feeling that she doesn't look for riskier roles though, not that they are too many for women over 50

NATHANIEL R said...

you're right that they don't make movies like those 70s classics anymore. But if all things are cyclical (are they?) eventually they will...

i'm trying to stay positive.

Anonymous said...

Well, Jane Fonda still has an extraordinary (her best, actually) performance left for you to see... JULIA!

Unknown said...

Julia! I almost forgot one of my all time favorites. It doesn't matter she didn't resemblance Lillian at all, Fonda was just brilliant in that!

Marshall said...

Don't we all think she'd be great for the lead in AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY? Also I don't know anything about here current broadway stint but it sounds fascinating.

Anonymous said...

Time to admit some shame: the only Jane Fonda movie I've ever seen is "Monster-In-Law". In the past, she's struck me as a cold actress; am I wrong?
What movies MUST I watch in order to appreciate the magic of Jane Fonda? any help would be appreciated.

p.s. what's so great about "Barbarella"?

NATHANIEL R said...

wayne b - she ABSOLUTELY deserved her Oscar for Klute (that'd be in my top ten actress performances of all time) but the character is "cold" . If you're looking for something warmer she's also excellent in Coming Home (her second Oscar win).