Thursday, March 05, 2009

Robin Williams in Hospital

Robin Williams was rushed to the hospital yesterday and reportedly went to the ICU for heart trouble. This week's performances on his current tour have been cancelled. Yikes. Famous actors spend a lot of time in fake hospitals in movies but one doesn't like to think of them in real ones. I've sometimes taken Williams to task for overkill in his performances but this news upset me a little. All I could think about was his naked vulnerability, confusion and humor of The Fisher King as he tries to woo Amanda Plummer. I love all of the performances in that movie. Get well soon, Robin.

5 comments:

Marshall said...

Aw THE FISHER KING. Amazing film, Gilliam's best. If Williams had gone supporting, that would have been his first Oscar.

Michael Shetina said...

This is really upsetting. Fisher King is pretty much the last Williams or Gilliam movie I have yet to see. I hope he recovers quickly. His solo performances are justifiably legendary. Hell, even his Inside the Actor's Studio appearance is comic perfection.

Michael Shetina

Anonymous said...

Robin Williams is one of my favorites. I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

Glenn said...

Speaking of Gilliam: The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus has been picked up for Australian distribution. Apparently somebody sees the worth in that movie being released whether it makes a profit or not.

But, back on topic, Williams is someone I always hope for the best for as he can be pure gold sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Robin you are such a good actor! I pray you can have a very fast recovery. We love watching your films!!!