While we're on the subject... the film experience ballot if you could only hold the Oscars once a decade (GOD FORBID!):
Nathaniel's Choice For Best Actor 2000-2009
- Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood (the Oscar winner)
- Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Caribbean (nominated, lost)
- Heath Ledger, Brokeback Mountain (nominated, lost) - my decade winner
- Viggo Mortensen, Eastern Promises (nominated, lost)
- Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler (nominated, lost)
Here's my favorite of Oscar's winners this past decade.
With apologies to Denzel Washington in Training Day... King Kong aint got shit on him. Best Actor wins are much kinder to me than Best Actress wins. Even though my #1 in any give year is almost never shared with Oscar, fairly often they do choose my 2nd or 3rd favorite of the year. And that's good enough when it comes to Oscar. How often does the Best Actor winning performance work wonders for you?
Oscars in Review: worst & weirdest moments, most wonderful moments and all 09/10 awards season posts