Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's not easy being green. Except today.

Awww, classic Kermie



Yes, I used that last year too. But Kermit. Classic.

Kermit's not the only one who found it to be a problematic color.


No, it's not usually easy being green but today, they celebrate you if you're wearing it... even if you aren't Irish.

Some movie peeps seem to enjoy being that color nonetheless.


(It helps if you're from outer space)

The word is still out on whether he'll enjoy it. Or whether we'll enjoy him in it.


Green Lantern is one of my favorite comic books but I have to say I'm totally worried about the movie. I never thought the comic was all that transferrable (power lanterns and rings and vast imagination powers and chanting?) Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively are both lookers but they're also the type of generically handsome / beautiful that can get capital B boring if the characters or the performances aren't interesting. I like my comic-to-screen characters to have 3D personalities... or at least 2D stylistically heightened to feel like 200D (wait, what?) like Downey Jr's Iron Man, Pfeiffer's Catwoman, Ledger's Joker, etcetera.

But I got off topic...

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Have a happy one. And kiss Michael Fassbender if you see him!

*

5 comments:

Branden said...

Fassbender is half Irish. Yay! I want to do more than kiss him. That man is so fine!

Ryan said...

guh... MICHAEL FASSBENDER is so goddamn smokin hot!

and a fine thespian too. how his work in "Hunger" managed to get passed over by Oscar, BAFTA and the Film Bitch Awards still baffles me. ;)

Burning Reels said...

Sorry to be off-topic but Nathaniel, the curse of Best Actress continues...Sandra Bullock has cancelled her planned trip to the UK for the premiere of The Blind Side, amid reports her husband has been unfaithful.

Let's hope it's not true..nobody deserves that - i'm sure alot of us can relate to that type of pain.

Kyle said...

While I love Ryan Reynolds to death...I gotta say, Michael Fassbender sure would have made one damn perfect Hal Jordan.

Simone said...

Hey Nat, I ♥ how you ♥ Fassy!