Friday, December 17, 2004

I love my cat. I love my cat. I love my cat.

I'm going to keep chanting this:

I love my cat. I love my cat. I love my cat.

As many of you frequent readers know... this time of year my site gets the heaviest traffic and I post the most. But much to my dismay, just as the BFCA was announcing their awards my internet service to my home computer, which houses my website mysteriously stopped working.

Nothing. Nada.

Everything appears to be in order. The only possible explanation to the sudden collapse of any connection to my beloved internet and ability to update my site frequently are tiny bite marks to all major electrical cords in the house. These are familiar to me from six years of living with Montgomery my darling kitten.

There's no mistaking his handiwork. I shudder to think how much this will possibly cost me if the problem is on the main cable wiring as that will require someone visiting me from Time Warner etc... and rewiring.
ouch ---$$$.

I love my cat. I love my cat. I love my cat.

So, if you're wishing to see updates to my site... you'll have to pop in here for the time being to pick my brain of awards season related thoughts.

Any cat owners who would like to share hints about how to wean my baby from his favorite chew toy... please comment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how your cords are set up, or what part of the cable your precious car chewed to pieces, but if you have cords running along the floor (say, against a wall) you could simply run them through cardboard tubing or, a poster container! That's what we did when our pet rat (yes, rat, my two cats don't chew wires) was chewing up a storm with our cords.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and thankyou for boosting both "Dogville" and "Collateral" up a rank, cause, damn, they deserve it (for me Dogville is an A and the best of the year, with Collateral at an A- 2 spots behind it - for your info it goes 1. Dogville, 2. Before Sunset, 3. Zatoichi and 4. Collateral)

-Glenn- (i posted the cat thing too)

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Multiplayer black jack Des conference calls spry dental http://www.freeparishiltonvideo.info/Nortonscalemodel.html Mazda b2300 thermostat http://www.terri-alexander-dance.info/Sonic-the-hedgehog-game-free.html Nerve damage after smoking after rhinoplasty http://www.digital-plotters-and-blueprint.info Extendedrelease adderall improves kia picture pride

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »