Thursday, August 09, 2007

Brokeback Joker

Since it's only 342 days until The Dark Knight opens in theaters I figured I better start posting about it [ahem]. Much as I hate being a sucker for blockbuster hype, the casting has kept me chomping at the bit to see what Christopher Nolan comes up with on his second go round.

I have total faith in the cast but sometimes being a movie fanatic comes with a heavy price. Most people can probably look at that early still above and see a scary and exciting photo of The Joker threatening a new victim. I've looked at it dozens of times but it keeps messing with my head. I'm seeing a movie that's inbetween a movie or something.

7 comments:

Michael Parsons said...

Poor Heath....he has gone mad from all that Jake loving he did.
"If I can flip her around, and pretend hard enough, maybe it will suffice"

Paxton Hernandez said...

The new casting makes me nervious. And this photo which has been passing around for days doesn't ring the right bell for me.

I'm keeping hopes low for this one.

adam k. said...

What is the Maggie dialogue from?

NATHANIEL R said...

same scene

adam k. said...

Oh.

Don't remember Jake saying THAT exactly. Maybe it's cause I'm imagining Maggie saying it.

Kurtis O said...

That's hilarious. I hadn't even thought of the Gyllenhaal connection with this movie's casting. I feel like a little kid whenever I see anything leaked regarding "The Dark Knight."

Anonymous said...

What's really funny is that Jake was rumored for the role of Harvey Dent for awhile. Then Heath was cast. Then his sister. Everyone except Jake gets a piece of the Bat-pie.