Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Curio: Director Coasters

Alexa here from Pop Elegantiarum, sharing something for your holiday wish lists. I'm utterly in love with these director coasters by Kelly Puissegur, a.k.a retrowhale.


They make me want to drink more coffee. And have more intense film discussions over said coffee. Woody, Wes, Jim J, Paul Thomas, Martin, Quentin, Noah, both Spikes...I'm sure there are more auteurs I'd like her to include, but I'm too in love right now to think straight. Will someone nice please buy me some? Thank you.
*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...its kinda depressing to see they're all white men.

Andrew K. said...

MARTY! That's all.

Andrew K. said...

By the way your side photo amuses me.

You look very unlike a smoker in your picture. You look as if you're thinking "Someone get this thing away from me."

But I find it funny.

I must say though as 'bad' as it is, Leo D really made smoking look cool in Titanic.

NATHANIEL R said...

i blame Tony Leung and Bette Davis the most for making onscreen smoking look awesome.

I want these coasters too. I drink too much coffee.

Alexa said...

Actually, they aren't ALL white men...she included Spike Lee. But no ladies.

Devin D said...

That's Jonze, not Lee.

kin said...

Lee was covered up by the Coens and one other on the top pic.

JKJ Puissegur said...

He said I don't know what it's like to be a black person? I'm Mr. black people!