That's not really deserving of an entire post all its own so herewith, stealing an idea from my buddy Nick how about... My 20 Most Anticipated Year End Movies in descending order of how impatient I am to see them (links to trailers). I've already seen Broken Embraces, The White Ribbon, The Last Station, Dr. Parnassus and Red Cliff or they would have made the list.
GIVE ME NOW
- Nine -because... duh. Duh times 99!
- A Single Man -the trailer screams beauty and I'm always ready for Julianne Moore in dramas
- Avatar -James Cameron Loyalist
- Crazy Heart -Jeff Bridges Loyalist
- Up in the Air -Clooney + two actresses I like = yes. Plus, I liked Juno a lotmild excitement
- The Lovely Bones -still curious but also very worried. Something seems amiss
- The Road -eager to see what they changed since that test screening I went to last year
- Mammoth -Lukas Moodyson directs Gael Garcia Bernal and Michelle Williams. That's three enticements right there.
- It's Complicated
- Fantastic Mr Fox
- The Princess and the Frog
- Brothers -from morbid curiousity about how much worse it will be than the Danish film it's based on.
- Police, Adjective
- Sherlock Holmes -I vacillate wildly on this one. Looks alternately handsome fun and noisy apocryphal terrible. Which is it? Or is it both?
- Women in Trouble - a comedy about 10 different women. Yes, please. If it's good. And mostly because Carla Gugino (über sexy) and Connie Britton (excellent actress) are in it.haven't thought much about but might go...
- My Son, My Son, What Have You Done?
- The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond -the cast doesn't much interest me. I mean, Bryce Dallas Howard practically warns "BAD MOVIE" just by showing up. But with screenplay by genius Tennessee Williams. Hmmm
- Ninja Assassin -Maybe I won't see it but I've been in an action mood for a few days.
- Me and Orson Welles - I like movies about the entertainment business be it theater/film or tv. But I think it's Zac Efron that's scaring me away so far.
- The Young Victoria -- looks as dull to me as Invictus which is odd because I like the cast for the most part and I'm a sucker for beautiful costumes.
How excited are you for the rest of the film year? And which early releases will you be trying to catch up with before the Oscars.