Thursday, December 03, 2009

Birthday Suit, The Finale

I must wrap up the shortlived 'birthday suit' series now. What better way to say goodbye to something than with a favorite actress. Today is Julianne Moore's 49th birthday and if you're still reading this blog, I suspect you agree that she's a work of art no matter what she's wearing... (or not wearing as the case may be)


I meant for these daily birthday wish posts to be something light and frothy -- a tossed off bit o' fun to start each day. Only it turned out to be more like Julianne's patented crying jags: all scrunched up shoulders, grimaced mouth, and racking sobs. Hugely effortful if you catch my drift. I can't do anything simply. It's my downfall as a blogger. Even my filler requires hours of careful crafting (sigh).



I love birthdays and cake -- if not quite as much as I love Juli -- so maybe you'll see more of them albeit in a different form. Back to the drawing board.
*

14 comments:

Jim T said...

Yes, happy birthday to Julianne and me! Yes, that's right. We were born on the same day and I'm damn proud of it :)

Trivia: I was actually born on the same day AND year as Amanda Seyfried who costars with Julianne in Chloe. Why am I not in that film???

Howler said...

Juli Gets Spanked!
I'd give her another leading role in Todd Haynes film if I could.

cinephile said...

It would be great to read something about her performance in "A Single Man" on the occasion of her birthday...? Thank you...

Oh and happy birthday to one of the greatest living actresses. Hopefully, she stays back on track.... after her great performances in Blindness and Savage Grace last year. Oh and please Ms Moore, for the next decade: please stay away from romantic comedies aka Trust the Man, Laws of attraction.

Lara said...

Happy birthday, Juli! 49 spankings today and an Oscar in two/three years time.

NATHANIEL R said...

Jim T -- I KNOW. pity i didn't have time to do a whole Chloe fest today.

and why aren't you in that movie, indeed

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM T

Jim T said...

Thank you!!!!

ferdi said...

She's absolute fantastic in A Single Man... maybe she will not win, but she deserves an oscar nomination. She would have been nominated for Safe and Magnolia, and should have won for Far From Heaven. So underrated. So amazing. So beautiful.

Jude said...

Darn! My birthday is the 5th, so close!

Paul Outlaw said...

Aw, 4 days before my birthday, Nat?

ThaDropDownBear said...

shes not one of my favourites at all but I recognize her talents, i'm certain theres a worm hole that is opened each time she DOESNT win an oscar ;)

Henry said...

Man alive, she looks good for 49! I really think she's probably my favorite actress currently. I don't wanna say "all time" because there are too many good actresses all-time to pick just one, but the lovely Julianne is up there.

Still monumentally upset that she didn't get an Oscar for Far From Heaven. I thought that was a better role than Laura Brown in The Hours, though I enjoyed her role in that movie more than the other ones (Nicole Kidman, Meryl Streep, Allison Janney, etc.)

John said...

I kinda hated this series. It dominated the terrain here.

Janice said...

I'm actually relieved to see the series end - it became the thing I found myself skipping over.

NATHANIEL R said...

negativity doesn't help!