Monday, December 28, 2009

Link Flamingos

Scanners envisions Precious as a remake of John Waters Female Trouble. No seriously
Fin de Cinema top 100 of the decade. So many great movies...
Nicks Flick Picks is almost done with his, too.
Crossoverman cheats with lots of groupings for his top 50. But they're good movies so we'll let it slide
Just Jared Jude Law and Sienna Miller are back together? My god... when will these two make up their mind? I hope that when they're separated again Sienna has flashbacks about Jude as frenetically edited and obnoxious as the ones she has about Channing Tatum in GI Joe. Sometimes real life should be just like the movies.


i09 5 lessons we hope entertainment taught us in 2009. Good list
In Contention Guy's top ten of 2009, US and UK versions
42 inch Television's top ten of 2009. I link it becomes Whip It appears and that's nice to see for a change. Firmly agree that more and more people will catch on to this on cable and DVD.
Art Forum John Waters annual top ten list. I love this bit on Antichrist
If Ingmar Bergman had committed suicide, gone to hell, and come back to earth to direct an exploitation/art film for drive-ins, this is the movie he would have made.
(teehee)

and it's a bit late but I hope you all had a merry christmas... even if you were having a post apocalyptic christmas. Are you glad that that's all over with or are you already gearing up for another long weekend to ring in the New Year?
*

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

The decade is not over, though. So many "best of the decade" and this decade is only ending in 2010-2011.

matt said...

jude law makes me vomit. he's such talentless actor, I never buy him as an actor. Do he and Cage know that they can actually get treament for the hair? Bald alert!
Sienna is the one who has promising career. I wish she would stay away from that guy. she's great in The Edge of Love with Keira. She has real talent and hot.

NATHANIEL R said...

matt -- um, this is not the blog to bitch about baldness. just saying.

The Film Doctor said...

Thanks for the link! I'm off to go see Nine this afternoon.

BrianZ said...

Love seeing Whip It get some love. Love it.

FrenchGirl said...

i love John Waters'opinion on Antichrist!LOL

i love your opinion on Law/Miller love comeback! LOL

NicksFlickPicks said...

The Precious/Waters comparison is pretty hilarious, even if I don't agree with all points in the article.

@Anon: Read here about the end of the decade.

matt said...

Sorry Nathaniel, I just can't stand Jude Law anyway, Sherlock was one of the worst films in 09, he was flat-no emotion, and I shocked that you bring this gossip story to your site. I don't mind more Sienna Miller though.

Evan said...

This may not be the place for the following comment, but has anyone else noticed that if Christoph Waltz wins for Supporting Actor, an "amazing" villain will have won the past three Oscars in that category? I just had that realization last night.

Makes me think something else could happen...

Evan said...

This may not be the place for the following comment, but has anyone else noticed that if Christoph Waltz wins for Supporting Actor, an "amazing" villain will have won the past three Oscars in that category? I just had that realization last night.

Makes me think something else could happen...

NATHANIEL R said...

Nick
thank you for that link. That really does make a lot of semantics sense and there really is a lot of confusion about when decades and centuries and whatnot begin.

Evan
it's true. they have been villain crazy lately. we'll see. maybe woody harrelson can win a career prize?

Unknown said...

Nathaniel, can we expect a decade's best from you ?

XD

Chris said...

This may just be semantic nitpicking, but I think a win for Harrelson would be more than just a "career win" as he is actually deserving in this role. And I know that the vast majority of folks disagree with me here (although I also imagine that many of IB's most ardent supporters haven't even seen The Messenger), but I would push for him over Waltz. IMO, Harrelson's was a much more nuanced performance in a much more difficult and multi-dimensional role. Just me.

NATHANIEL R said...

Chris -- i hear ya. He is good in The Messenger, yes. If it helps, please know that sometimes "career wins" are good things. As long as the person has had a good movie career you know? i hate it when career wins happen for people who aren't really movie biggies but that's a story for a later date.

d1egin -- i am still pondering what i'm gonna do. i know it's late but i'm never "first!"

Movies said...

It is very interesting blog. I really enjoyed while reading it. Thank you very much !

Guy Lodge said...

Thanks for the link! (By the way, before any UK-based readers jump down my throat, my non-US version isn't a UK version per se, given that A Prophet has yet to open there, and White Material has yet to open ... anywhere. Cheating really, but I went for a clean "best of what I saw" approach.)