Saturday, August 13, 2005

Bakers Dozen: Reasons Why I Can't Wait For The Fall

13. No more 90-100 degree days. An end to unplanned sweating.
12. The return of Wallace & Gromit. It's been a long time.
11. Michelle Pfeiffer is going before the cameras again! I'm a hopeless optimist I guess but this time there's evidence that it'll happen: Amy Heckerling's romantic comedy I Could Never Be Your Woman actually has a full cast now! Paul Rudd (yum), Tracey Ullman, and Stacey Dash will co-star.
10. Lots and lots of Jake Gyllenhaal (Jarhead, Proof, and Brokeback Mountain)
09. Huge quantities of Tony Leung arriving from my Netflix queue.
08. Sweeney Todd returns to Broadway.
07. Always wanted to see this since the days of reading My So Called Life interviews: Claire Danes dancing.
06. Another season of "Project Runway" arrives (?)
05. Enjoying the Toronto International Film Festival...if only vicariously.
04. Deciding for myself whether Match Point really does return one of my favorite filmmakers (Woody Allen) to top form. If it does I'll be breaking out the bubbly.
03. Halloween. It's already August and I haven't started planning my costume. [cue: panic]
02. MADONNA releasesConfessions on a Dance Floor
01. Real Movies! The fall season looks promising going into Oscar season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A better list of reasons to anticipate the fall could not be made. Hear, hear.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »