Saturday, November 26, 2005

Seven Things

This isn't another shout out to sixthings (my devotion already over-publicized there) but rather one of those chain blog/survey thingies -coming to me via Pfangirl (one of my fav longtime online pals. We met via you know who).

7 Things to do before I die
Figure out how to balance career, hobbies, and personal life
Write a book
Learn Flash animation
Travel to Europe and Asia
Swing on a trapeze
something i haven't even dreamt of yet
Attend the Oscars

7 Things I cannot do
Act
Relax
Understand the public's taste in movies
Drink as much water as I'm supposed to
Be mad at my cat
Stop obsessing about movies and actresses
Be offline for more than a week


7 Things that attract me to people

talent
intelligence
kindness
beauty
memorable features
good aesthetic taste
expressiveness (physical and emotional)

7 Things I say most often
F@#* (and no, I'm not proud of this at all)
ewww!
What? (because I often drift away)
I don’t know
truth be told...
"mmmm, can't get enough" (from Heathers)
my back hurts

7 Celebrity Crushes
Because I reveal this all the time in the hump-day-hottie threads, let's go with something less easy for film experience fans to shout along with and say...
7 Non Movie Star Related Crushes of the Fictional or Celebrity Variety
Olivia Newton-John "totally, totally, totally hot"
Nightcrawler (The X-Men)
Anderson Cooper
Prince Charming (Sleeping Beauty)
Lindsay Wagner as The Bionic Woman
Matthew Barney (of Cremaster and Mr. Björk fame)
Iceman (The X-Men)

So...
Now it's your turn, readers. Answer one of any of the categories above. If you have a blog, you have to do them all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. odd that I'm the first one to comment here... But maybe you should all get to know me better. Because, you know, behind every man there's a good, um.. man. So:

Before the inevitable death:
1. Be featured in Vanity Fair's socialite photos
2. Become a lady who lunches (anybody sense a theme?)
3. eat at El Bulli
4. eat at French Laundry (sense another theme?)
5. perfect my german and italian
6. assemble a world-class art collection
7. live under a government that is democratically elected and extends true equality and social justice to all (well, a boy can dream, right?)

Things that just aren't ever going to happen:
1. be able to easily make lists: this is pure hell
2. happy run to the local cineplex to see a movie I know I'm going to hate
3. understand professional sporting events
4. enjoy fast food
5. happily commune with nature (it's scary. The absence of electric light disturbs me.)
6. be comfortable around small children (they're scary. They don't speak in complete sentences.)
7. grow a beard

okay, that's it. I know there was another category, but two lists in one night is more than enough for me. Deal with it.

Anonymous said...

7 things to do before I die
Fall in love
Tour Italy
Fall in love while touring Italy
Read all of War and Peace
Develop a sense of direction
Cook Baked Alaska
Live in New York

7 things I cannot do
Vote Republican
Like a Mel Gibson movie
Miss the Oscars
Move to Texas (or any other solid red state)
Eat Sugar Babies without regretting it
Understand the appeal of Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Take spontaneous pictures

7 things that attract me to people
intelligence
glasses
kindness
generosity
looks (though only momentarily)
good taste
shyness (if that's a word)

7 Celebrity Crushes
Smokey Robinson (that voice!)
Anna Karenina (I know why Vronsky loved her)
Heathcliff (from Wuthering Heights, not the cat)
The Gilmore Girls (always and forever)
Joel Stein (so funny)
Barbara Boxer (I want to applaude everytime I see her)
Patsy Cline (again, that voice!)

Anonymous said...

7 Things to do before I die:
1.ATTEND A FIFA WORLD CUP
2.LIVE IN GUANAJUATO
3.MAKE A MOVIE
4.TOUR SPAIN
5.ATTEND A FILM FESTIVAL
6.MAKE A GOOD ADVERTISING CAMPAING
and of course...
7.MET MICHELLE PFEIFFER!!!! (I can dream)

7 thing I can't do:
1.SING
2.BE RELIGIOUS
3.LIKE AKWID
4.BE SUBMISSIVE
5.DANCE WITHOUT GETTING HURT
6.BE ONLINE FOR MORE THAN 3 HOURS
7.LIE WITHOUT GETTING CAUGHT

7 things I say more often:
(I hope you understand)
1.ME MUERO BICHI!
2.INGASATU!
3.QUE ESTRES!
4.TA MADRE!
5.HASTA CREES!
6.SI TU DICES!
7.FONDITO!

Glenn Dunks said...

I posted mine on my blog (which i now have).

I'm not going to use my blogger blog for any movie-related things. And everyone can feel free to comment if they read it. My other blog on LiveJournal is much longer though.

-Glenn

Yaseen Ali said...

Mine's also in my blog. :)

-Ali

par3182 said...

alas, these are lists i can never partake of.

and i'm not sure if you can ever over-publicize your devotion (in fact, add that to the cannot do list).