Wednesday, August 16, 2006

"Michelle Pfeiffer is the supervolcano"

Yesterday I came across an old blog entry from screenwriter John August. You'd know his work from various collaborations with Tim Burton and from the well-regarded indie Go (1999). The article is called "Michelle Pfeiffer, Supervolcanoes and the Yellowstone Fallacy" so right there, it's already a good read. My only quibble is this sentence:
If you never bump into Michelle Pfeiffer again, your life won’t be significantly worse.
In context that sentence is OK. Lifted out of context it's just totally wrong. At least to me as I've only had the privilege once.

psssst. starting right now I will try not to mention MP for the rest of the month (Think i can do it?)

tags: Michelle Pfeiffer, movies, cinema, screenwriting, celebrities

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"psssst. starting right now I will try not to mention MP for the rest of the month (Think i can do it?)"

NO. you are weak! you will cave in! ;-)

Javier Aldabalde said...

Cave in! Cave in!

Yaseen Ali said...

Yeah, why wouldn't you want to talk about MP? :)

adam k. said...

No. I don't think you can.