Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Turkey Day

I'll be back Friday or Saturday. Enjoy the following clips: "Happy Turkey Day" from Addams Family Values and Alanis Morrisette's "Thank U" I still love that song.



Also I wish to express a few quick and hearty "thank you" to the higher powers that be: Thank You for...
  • my loyal and enthusiastic readers. xoxo
  • especially those willing to donate (I got bills to pay)
  • friends, family, the boyfriend, the cat
  • the blogosphere
  • 2007 = La Pfeiffer !
  • Emily Blunt's eyeshadow in The Devil Wears Prada
  • Hollywood may yet succeed in killing them again, but the musicals are still back.
  • finding new courage for my career
  • "no no no nooooo way, i'm living without you..."
  • the beginning of the end of the current US administration
  • The imperial hauteur (and haut hotness) of Gong Li in Curse of the Golden Flower
  • Stephen Sondheim
  • the way Lola Duenas says "Raimunda!" so loudly in Volver. hee
  • Meryl Streep doing comedy and singing. It's like 1990 all over again!
  • Robert Altman getting his honorary Oscar in time. RIP
  • meeting Kate Winslet
  • a million other things I can't think of at the moment so i'll just say...
  • ...everything else. I feel blessed
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

8 comments:

adam k. said...

Emily Blunt's eyeshadow was indeed fabulous. It almost warrants an oscar nomination for makeup, I think... at least an honorable mention.

I also have to thank the powers that be for "And I Am Tellin' You..." cause I now watch that Jen Holliday clip on a regular basis. I don't think Hudson's version is quite in the same league, but it's still very good. I am quite excited for Dreamgirls.

adam k. said...

Oh, and happy thanksgiving, Nat!

Lucas Dantas said...

I back you guys on Blunt's makeup. Actually, I love everything about Blunt in that movie, she's so bitchy you can't help adoring her.

I'm excited about Dreamgirls, but I'd have to see Hudson singin AIATY to really get the feeling, cuz honestly those mega high notes kinda bores me after the 1st minute.

And, we obviously don't have thanksgiving down here in Brasil, but it's not excuse to stop me from wishing you guys a happy holiday; besides being thankful to have this site to bring me daily fun.

SamuraiFrog said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful that I correctly guessed at least one pair of breasts yesterday.

Glenn Dunks said...

Yeah. Happy Thanksgivin' I suppose. I want turkey though.

Jason Adams said...

Happy Turkey Day to all, and to all a Happy Turkey Night!

Craig Hickman said...

Thanks for the shoutout!

I am brilliantly blessed in everyway.

Anonymous said...

I want Gong Li for Christmas ............or as soon as posssible.