Monday, May 18, 2009

Where The Wild Cakes Are


Glenn pointed me to this cake with the following inscription "you like movies as inspiration for food, so here you go" Why yes... why yes, I do, Glenn. (Chase the "yummy" label below this post for further proof). If you love all things Wild, I suggest further eating reading at We Love You So, a blog devoted to Spike Jonze's upcoming adaptation of Where The Wild Things Are.

For what it's worth, the Wild Things cake was made by Coco Cake Cupcakes in Vancouver. If Glenn truly loved me he would have sent the cake itself rather than a boring link! I guess I'll have to fly to Canada to sample it. If the cake should be unavailable upon my arrival I will gladly nibble on My Neighbor Totoro cupcakes while I wait for them to bake another.
*

8 comments:

Bailey said...

This cake looks delicious, but can I possibly be the only person on the planet who was NOT a fan of this book when I was little? I thought it was boring and stupid.

I still think it is boring and stupid, but the movie looks like it could be cool (if that makes any sense, haha) so I will probably still see it. I just always hear tons of praise about Where the Wild Things Are and just don't get it.

adelutza said...

I've never even read this book, so I'll watch the movie just to see if I missed anything :-)

Bu the cake, oh, the cake ...

Alexa said...

Bailey, you weren't the only one. I didn't like it either, thought it was ugly and stupid. But I have a feeling Spike Jonze will bring a great twist to it. And I'd eat that cake!

Glenn said...

Nat, you're closer to Canada than I, i'm afraid.

NATHANIEL R said...

Glenn ... excuses excuses excuses

baily, adelutz, alexa i am so horrified right now. How can u not love this book?

Ok ok... it wasn't my favorite (anyone remember "one monster after another" or "the king with six friends"... those two were my favorites) but i did like it a bunch.

Jordan Wellin said...

WTWTA and The Giving Tree were my favorites...and Alexa, how can you say it was ugly? Shame, shame, shame.

Unknown said...

Those cupcakes look awesome! I wish they weren't all the way in the West Coast though.

Alexa said...

I know, I was an art major so I should be drooling, or so everyone tells me. Just always thought, yuck.