Film: Up In The Air
Director: Clint Eastwood, Invictus
Actor (tie): Morgan Freeman, Invictus and George Clooney, Up In The Air
- This is Clooney's 3rd personal NBR prize in 7 years. The situation with Clint Eastwood is yet more extreme. This is Clint's 4th personal NBR prize in 10 years. Every film he's made since 2003 has found a home in their top ten list -- all seven of them, even Flags of Our Fathers -- and in two of those year's his films hogged 20% of their top ten list. In addition to Clint's 4 prizes, 2 of his films have won their Best Picture prize.
Supporting Actor: Woody Harrelson, The Messenger
- Is this an awards season meme we didn't see coming ("time to honor Woody!") or a minor wave that will subside before Oscars hit shore?
Supporting Actress: Anna Kendrick, Up In The Air
Foreign Film: A Prophet
Documentary: The Cove
Animated Feature: Up
Ensemble Cast: It’s Complicated
Breakthrough Performance, Actor: Jeremy Renner, The Hurt Locker
Breakthrough Performance, Actress: Gabourey Sidibe, Precious
- So they didn't like Precious (no top ten) but they loved Gabby? Is this a natural split opinion or the desire to honor a cross section of future Oscar nominees?
Directorial Debut (3 way tie): Duncan Jones, Moon. Oren Moverman, The Messenger. Marc Webb, 500 Days of Summer
- When a precursor can't decide do any of the winners get any awards bump whatsoever?
Original Screenplay: Joel & Ethan Coen, A Serious Man
Adapted Screenplay: Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner, Up In The Air
Special Award: Wes Anderson, The Fantastic Mr. Fox
William K. Everson Film History Award: Jean Picker Firstenberg
NBR Freedom of Expression: Burma Vj: Reporting From A Closed Country, Invictus, The Most Dangerous Man In America: Daniel Ellseberg and The Pentagon Papers
Top Eleven Films (In alphabetical order): (500) Days of Summer, An Education, The Hurt Locker, Inglourious Basterds, Invictus, The Messenger, A Serious Man, Star Trek, Up, Up In The Air and Where The Wild Things Are
- because top 10 is so ... uh... 11! "This one goes to 11". By the way... I know it can't be helped but Up and Up in the Air always following each other in lists is starting to annoy me. I keep reading it as one title "Up Up in the Air", like way up there.
Top Ten Independent Films (In alphabetical order) : Amreeka, District 9 ,Goodbye Solo , Humpday, In The Loop, Julia, Me And Orson Welles, Moon, Sugar and Two Lovers
- This one makes no damn sense to me... they actually SAW Julia... and Tilda didn't nab their actress prize?
Top Six Foreign Films (In alphabetical order): The Maid, A Prophet, Revanche, Song Of Sparrows ,Three Monkeys, The White Ribbon
Top Six Documentary Films (In alphabetical order): Burma Vj: Reporting From A Closed Country, The Cove, Crude, Food, Inc. ,Good Hair, The Most Dangerous Man In America: Daniel Ellsberg and The Pentagon Papers
- 11,10, 3-way ties, 6.... Because in the year of Oscar going to 10, mathematics is totally passe.