Monday, July 05, 2010

Falling in Link Again

cinema
Self Styled Siren terrific piece on memorable movie costumes. The Siren writes beautifully. My favorite write-ups are those for Breathless and Strangers on a Train.
Dennis Cozzalio has an amazing piece about the 35th anniversary of Robert Altman's Nashville, one of the best movies ever made.

Boy Culture on the new Burlesque stills and out writer/director Steve Antin. I'm excited for this movie but also fearful that it'll just be the Christina Aguilera show. That would be epically disappointing given the rest of the cast list: Cher, Tucci, Cumming, Bell.
Cinema Blend Viggo & Fassbender on the set of David Cronenberg's Freud/Jung picture Dangerous Method. Can't wait. So excited to see two of today's best actors in character.
Cinematical Neil Gaiman is sick of vampires.


movie stars
I Need My Fix Jude Law in the Czech Republic. Apparently Sadie Frost is writing a book about their marriage. Uh oh.
Old Hollywood Ernest Hemingway to Marlene Dietrich. Awesome quote.
Diva Asia Apparently Gong Li is now divorced. I'm not that concerned with her marriage. I just want her in some incredible movies again. Like something as good as Ju Dou? That's too much to ask, right? I can dream.

a Buffy moment

Flickr
Holy Hellmouth, this "Buffy Alphabet" is awesome thus far.
Low Resolution has a three-part incredibly detailed interview with one of the writers on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. If you love Buffy you'll want to read it.

just for fun
pop licks "Best Headline Ever?" Maybe it is. It is pretty vivid.
Chateau Thombeau "Been There" hee x several.

....and because it's just amazing, the video "Big Bag Big Boom" by Blu.

BIG BAG BIG BOOM - the new wall-painted animation by BLU from blu on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Alejandro said...

Gong Li, what a godess! have you given a gold medal to her? she is definitely my win for Jo Dou, not to mention awesome performances in To Live,Raise The red lantern and farewell my concubine.. people say she is marvelous in Shangai, let's see.....
I would love a write up about her or Maggie Cheung! give asian actress some love Nathaniel.

Andrew R. said...

Neil Gaiman-We're ALL sick of vampires. Particularly sparkling ones. Give me Vlad the Impaler! Or Eli.

Best Headline Ever-Make this into a movie. Please. Someone do it. It could go into the whole romance thing and be a kickass black comedy. I want to see it. I don't care if it sucks. MAKE IT.

Robert said...

Word about Gong Li. She is my all-time most winning actress, with wins for Ju Dou, Raise the Red Lantern, To Live and Farewell My Concubine.

/3rtfu11 said...

Sadie Frost after Oldman she's the best performance in Bram Stoker's Dracula ---- too bad she didn't have career afterwards ---- being Mrs. Law wasn't worth the public Clinton heavy embarrassment. I won't by the book but can't wait for the American publicity tour.

/3rtfu11 said...

buy*