Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Eat up. Drive safe. Hug loved ones. And thanks for being so faithful to The Film Experience. We give thanks for your patronage. We'll be back when we're back at some point tomorrow and a bit over the weekend. Enjoy your holiday.



Amen.

See a movie. There's so much good stuff in movie theaters right now (links go to post collections): fun musicals like Burlesque & Tangled both of which I already want to see again; Oscar hopefuls that are totally worth seeing even if they're not quite "Best of Year" like 127 Hours & The King's Speech; Things I can't vouch for (haven't yet seen) like Love and Other Drugs and Harry Potter's and The Final Money Grab Pt 1; If you're entertaining at home, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and The Kids Are All Right are must-sees on DVD.










9 comments:

caroline said...

happy thanksgiving, film experience! and i'd vouch for deathly hallows. they've made this one with exquisite care, in my opinion, and i profoundly disagree with most of the critics who complain about it being boring. It's just made so differently from any of the other HP movies. I'm a potterphile who hated the first few movies, and this is by far the best one they've made. Only took them six movies to get it right, but well done.

Mr. Movie Geek said...

Camp! :) I always forgettable how enjoyable that movie is.

Unknown said...

Happy (U.S.) Thanksgiving, and thanks for running the best film site on the web, and the most frequented site on my computer. I look forward to watching this site grow, and to seeing Another Year someday.

Jones said...

Thank you for such a dedicated work on this blog. It's my favourite and I visit it almost daily. When school doesn't have me bogged down with papers!
So, yes, happy thanksgiving! thank you, thank you! Stay amazing!

Devin said...

Enough with the Harry Potter bashing Nat. I was never a Potterphile but I have to say it was one of the best films I've seen all year (as far as blockbusters go). You should give it a chance.

Susan said...

Gotta agree with the other posters, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the last potter movie, and I recognize the flaws in the others before this one. It is just a very well crafted, well acted (yes, especially by the previously negligible Emma Watson), well put together movie.

But that aside, a very happy Thanksgiving to you Nathaniel, I love the filmexperience, and I'm very grateful for all of the entertainment and movie news you've always taken so much care to provide.

NATHANIEL R said...

Devin -- how is saying i haven't seen something bashing it?

I have the screener so i'll watch it soon.

Daniel Armour said...

It's the title you assigned the link to the Harry Potter stuff that brought on the bashing comment. I kind feel you're too hard on HP as well - especially in the face of FAR worse franchises like Twilight and Transformers, which make even more money but are far worse - but then again, I just saw DH1 for a third time today so I'm pretty much a fan of the series.

NATHANIEL R said...

Daniel -- oops. ya got me. I didn't even remember that. ;)