Monday, November 08, 2010

When Movie Campaigns Attack

Don't be alarmed ... even if I was.



It's one thing to receive creepy "gifts" in the mail. It's quite another when they're completely unrelated and yet they thematically compliment each other ...and they arrive on the same day. First, a bird with a bomb attached (courtesy of Four Lions which I keep hearing great things about. Movies, wait for me. I'm back to screenings in one week's time!).

And then a letter in a black envelope from "Nina Sayers." You know, the ballerina...


So I'm super excited to read the letter but I open it up and...nothing.

Or wait.

Feathers.

Is Alfred Hitchcock directing Oscar campaigns now?

9 comments:

Walter L. Hollmann said...

Feathers? Are you sure that's from Nina Sayers and not a late arrival from Father Flynn?

Glenn Dunks said...

FOUR LIONS!

Glenn Dunks said...

I should say that before I discovered the distributor of Four Lions was a brand new one from the Alamo Drafthouse guys I was thinking it could be this year's In the Loop and even snag an Original Screenplay nomination. Alas, that won't happen now.

Still, doesn't anyone else think the screenplay categories are just begging for something left field and no at all affiliated with the Best Picture category? What is this year's In Bruges or In the Loop or Happy-go-Lucky?

pomme said...

Scary

Volvagia said...

If it was Father Flynn, they'd also bring a pillowcase, if I'm not mistaken.

Filme Online Gratis said...

Frightening ..

OtherRobert said...

But I want evil marketing propaganda inspired by The Birds coming to my house. No fair.

Anonymous said...

This is mostly totally random and off topic, sort of, but earlier this year my wife and I spent a couple days in Bodga Bay (above San Francisco) at a place that had a 'hitchcock package' suite so we said wtf and booked it. It had a fireplace that burned real logs (well, the rolled up kind) and a hot tub but it also came with a nice little care package that looks a lot like the picture you posted - a whisker package with a copy of the move The Birds (which was short there), some odds and ends, various movie trivia, a little bubbly and chocolates, a kind of treasure map of actual move locations, etc.

It was fun and campy but memorable.
cheers->

NATHANIEL R said...

rorydean -- i would totally book a movie themed room for a vacation, if i were to have teh option. cheesy = fun.