Thursday, April 05, 2007

20:07 (Twins)

New Series. Each morning a screenshot from the 20th minute and 7th second of a movie (along with the line o' dialogue being spoken if there is one)


There is no dialogue in this capture from The Parent Trap (The Lindsay Lohan version) but it's a cross dissolve so you get a *gasp* DOUBLE IMAGE in a movie about twins! Will wonders never cease?

Editorial Note: In related news I must reiterate that I have never and will never cheat at this series. Sometimes I've been super disappointed that a perfect image cuts away at 20:05 and I don't get to use it. Boo Hoo. But there are weird glitches that occur that could account for nitpickers attempting to 'prove' that I have cheated. For example: When I went to get the screen capture for Annie Hall I loved the ambiguity of the image (plus there was a movie reference and a movie theater in the image) but I realized I had put the disc in on the wrong side so I flipped it over to widescreen and sailed back to 20:07 and --huh?-- same 'dating history' sequence but different date. A funnier moment but less ambiguous and movie drunk. I don't know how the movie could be shorter or longer in the pan & scan but there you go. Nevertheless, the 20:07 series is pure (pan & scan is already a corrupted version of a movie. it shouldn't count) these are shots from the 20th minute and 7th second of each movie according to the only DVD player I'm using.

6 comments:

Brendon said...

It'll be because of the 'this film has been butchered to fit your screen' announcement at the top.

You'll be earlier in the pan and scan version, I reckon.

Glenn Dunks said...

Was that disclaimer because of me and my Mean Girls observation?

Also, two Lindsay Lohan movies out of five! Jeepers.

adam k. said...

I also doubted the validity of the Mean Girls image.

I wanna know which perfect images were cut away from at 20:05.

adam k. said...

Oh god, I wonder if the tent scene is at 20:07 in BBM.

NATHANIEL R said...

sadly it is not.

NATHANIEL R said...

well far from heaven, for example, has a superb shot at like the 20:01 mark with a hilarious line of dialogue and then... zzzz

also showgirls had WAY better shots during that conversation than the one posted. but it's not a series about "great stills" it's a series about a specific second in each movie. it would ruin it to cheat.

enjoy the series: yeesh.

* incidentally i hate that image from Mean Girls --cuz I think the movie is truly hilarious but I think the dog/breast thing is a really cheap joke. if i was randomly picking images it wouldn't been what i chose.