Sunday, September 30, 2007

New Season @ TFE

Have finally joined the DVR/TIVO masses. Just finished programming the television shows I'm interested in --for the life of me I can't be bothered trying to figure out when shows air so I should've done this looong ago. Is anyone interested in more (albeit still limited) television coverage here? Speak up

This programming endeavor got me to thinking about the "series" on this blog --I'm basically me own amoeba sized network. See, I'm the numbers obsessed executive and the rundown abused talent. Still, regular programming has helped me keep up the output so I'm giving myself deadlines and structure since blogging has been getting wobbly during festival season

Sun: "Naked Gold Man" (new Oscar-centric series. Premieres 10/14)
Mon:
Reader Request (Topics controlled by kindly contributing $ patrons. Premieres 10/15)
Tues: Top Ten (Returning 10/16)
Wed: Hump Day Hottie / Kissing (sharing this timeslot -returning/premiering 10/24)
Thurs: "A History of..." (returning Nov 8th)
Fri: TBA
Saturday:
All that plus the usual assortment of one-off goofs, reviews, guest bloggers and midseason replacements in case this network starts losing ratings. I've also heard the pleas and "20:07" returns (10/19) for one last month of screen capturey goodness.


Writing is less pleasureable and sustainable in a vacuum so please link up when you love something and speak up in zeee comments. Y'all have been quiet lately. And while we're on the topic of programming, put the film experience blog on your

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add to Google

If you're old fashioned, there's always the bookmark. And thus ends today's massive self-indulgent promotion. Thanks for your patience, xoxo

13 comments:

Catherine said...

Yay! Look forward to the return of all of those. Film Experience is my favourite blog.

mB said...

Look forward to enjoying this new season of TFE!

NATHANIEL R said...

thank you kind souls. I'm happy to have 2 readers! woot.

manuel b --i read your latest blog post. fyi: no one stares at people who go to movies alone in NYC. it's so normal here (easiest and cheapest way to kill 2 hours between anything and be entertained in process)

catherine --glad you liked Michael Clayton

.rs said...

Actually, now you have three. And I come here on daily basis all the way from Serbia. :)

NATHANIEL R said...

awww, thanks ferpecto. I do love getting an international crowd in here.

I am continually mystified and curious about commenting.

sometimes there's 88, other times 2.

really hard to predict... posts you feel you tossed off can be big hits others you slave over greeted in silence.

and that doesn't necessarily mean that they're loved or unloved. it's all very strange

and stressful for OCD creative types like myself who should really not be counting ;) or ever thinking about numbers -- that way lies insanity

J.D. said...

Four. Definitely at least four. :) In all seriousness (and in as little kissassitude as possible), you might as well be crowned High King of the Film Blogosphere, because, basically, it's true.

And that Elle Driver/20:07 is just FREAKING AMAZING. I don't think there were any more perfect than that one, or at least for me. God, I love that movie. :D

Anonymous said...

Forget 20:07. Try some 20:46.

- cal roth

Cengiz said...

Hey Nathaniel....What shows are you looking forward to this year? What's on your DVR?

Glenn Dunks said...

Yay! Definitely excited for all of this. Especially the readers request stuff and A History Of...

Anonymous said...

I would love more tv coverage. Fun post.

Anonymous said...

Yes, do more television entries. That's one of the main things that this blog is lacking.

Anonymous said...

NATHANIEL YOU ARE GOD OF THE FILM BLOGS I LIVE IN THE UK DAVID BACKHAM COUNRTY - MANCHESTER - I RUSH HOME FROM THE EYE UNTI WHERE I WORK JUST TO READ POSTS AND MAKE A COMMENT,YOURS ARE "THE" ONLY PREDICTS I TRUST,YOUR COMMENTS AND EVERYTHING,KISS KISS!!!

Emma said...

Meercat, meercat.