Saturday, April 18, 2009

April Showers, American Psycho

This is Dave from Victim of the Time here again, with your nightly installment of April Showers. And regarding this one... well, someone had to do it, didn't they?
I live in the American Gardens Building on West 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself with a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now.


After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub.

Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

I can supply you with some critical commentary if you're interested? ... No? (It's clever to get the nudity out of the way immediately, though. Then when later he's running out nude with a chainsaw it's the chainsaw you're actually focused on. What, you're looking at his ass then too? What one-track minds you people have.)

17 comments:

Anna said...

Mmmm. Thanks Dave!
If only he wasn't a psycho in real life. Yikes.

Fernando Moss said...

I lvoe that movie. I love Christian Bale as an actor... and I love his damn body (preferably naked)...

Cinesnatch said...

He looks hot, but his creepiness made nullified every chiseled muscle on that body. I guess that means he did an effective job and played the character well.

Adam said...

Instead of showering every morning, I think I'll just look at that ass shot. More refreshing and a much better way to greet the day.

J.D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J.D. said...

What one-track minds you people have.

Damn straight. Or... not. W/e.

Derreck said...

AWESOME. i was thinking about making a recommendation for "April Showers" with this scene and here it is. I really do love this blog.

I loved watching that shower scene. I would've killed to be with him, even though he (as Bateman) probably would've ended up killing me.

It was kind of disturbing to drool over him when he was playing such a screwed up, cold, superficial person.

Reminds me of Tom Ripley (Matt Damon) in The Talented Mr. Ripley. I just wanted to hug and be there for him, even though he too would probably end up killing me.

Gah, what does that say about me? lol.

FrenchGirl said...

what a beautiful a*s! what a great character! i always love the dialogues in this movie ! this movie is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

This blog is becoming more and more NSFW by the day...yet you still bleep out the word "fuck."

Dave said...

Anon 1:27pm: That's my responsibility, not Nat's. I was given guidelines to work in and I apologise to Nat if I overstepped them. It was a judgment call I made based on the fact that there was little point in posting this scene at all without the first shots. (Although there are plently of instances of the unbleeped "fuck" if you simply search.)

Hayden said...

Did someone actually complain about Christian Bale's ass? Really?

Wayne B. said...

primo pick

Derreck said...

who's the prude?

i noticed that the Bale ass pics are gone. boo. what's with the censorship? it's a wonderful blog, not a nationally televised series.

Anyways, can i make a suggestion for April Showers?

Edward Norton in American History X. It can be seen as a very important scene.

Marshall said...

This will forever be Bale's finest hour.

Chris Na Taraja said...

I hate this movie...not that it's a bad movie, don't get me wrong, it's a great flick, it's just so upsetting.

But I do love the shower scenes!

Chris Na Taraja said...

Oh, started watching it a few weeks ago, and couldn't tear myself away from it, even though I Hate it. That's probably the sign of a good flick

Anonymous said...

Christian Bale has one of the hottest bodies in Hollywood and his ass is always great to watch. And the best part, he's one of the best actors of his generation. =)

I think the producers should have a rule in all the movies which explain than Christian Bale must be naked at least in one scene.