- Campaign for office with Mrs. Iselin (Angela Lansbury in The Manchurian Candidate)?
- Study the bible with Mrs. White (Piper Laurie in Carrie)?
- Compete for a man with Mrs. Robinson (Anne Bancroft in The Graduate)?
- Be cared for when you're sick by Mrs. Fitzgerald (Margo Martindale in Million Dollar Baby)?
- Do household chores with Ms. Crawford (Faye Dunaway in Mommie Dearest)?
Would you rather...
- Deal with mental illness under Mrs. Darko's steady wet-eyed watch (Mary McDonnell in Donnie Darko)?
- Enter mainstream society, despite your debilitating freakishness, with Mrs. Boggs at your side (Dianne Wiest in Edward Scisshorhands)?
- Travel to hostile planets with only Lt. Ripley to protect you (Sigourney Weaver in Aliens)
- Let Mrs. Pierce put up with all of your shit and take the fall for your crimes (Joan Crawford in Mildred Pierce)? Harsh! But then it is Joan Crawford and she's on the other list, too. So...
- Battle illness with Mrs. Greenaway handling the medical staff (Shirley Maclaine in Terms of Endearment)
UPDATE: The normally chatty TFE readers were quiet about this teeny contest (Must have been visiting your mothers instead of commenting here. Good for you!)... but the winner is The Medwenitsch. He gets to help me with the next banner --- e-mail me for details, TM.