Thursday, September 03, 2009

Richard the Lion-Hearted

Robert here, noting quickly that it was 820 years ago today that Richard I of England was crowned. My original intent was to ask for your favorite portrayal of King Richard. But after just a little snooping I noticed a problem. Aside from Wallace Beery, Ian Hunter, Peter Ustinov, Richard Harris, Sean Connery and Patrick Stewart who all made brief appearances in Robin Hood movies, the character hasn't been portrayed that much.

So instead my mind turned to my favorite Richard portrayal in one of my favorite films of all time.



"I am a constant soldier, a sometimes poet and I will be king."
*

6 comments:

Runs Like A Gay said...

Just you Remember: Father loves me best.

Wayne B said...

Man Timothy Dalton was pretty back then. It's a shame they didn't show more of this duo's story.

Chris Na Taraja said...

There's something about Richard having a fling with Philip of France. Maybe that's why hollywood has stayed away form the story.

It brings up some of the same hub bub to think that Lincoln may have hooked up with guys, or JFK for that matter.

Billy D said...

YOUR FATHER HAD SCAAHS ON HIS ARMS!

It's hard to look at anything else when Hepburn and O'Toole are around, but Anthony was pretty cute back in the day, no?

Andrew K. said...

Great film and Anthony was tops in this. Actually everyone was great in this except for that insufferable Jane Merrow.

john said...

Oh god tell me about it i wanted Hepburn to take her down.