Sunday, October 11, 2009

F&L: Gangland Enforcers

First and last returns. For the second season of "first and last" we're mixing it up. Sometimes we'll use the first and/or last lines of dialogue from a film for our guessing game. Sometimes those alpha omega images. Sometimes a combo of first and last things. We're keeping the series fresh.

Can you guess the movie?


First line "Gangland enforcers broke the arms of an elderly newsdealer this afternoon..."

Last image


I know this one is incredibly easy, but it's one of my all time favourites and when trying to pick a film to choose I just loved the closing image. But what's not to love about [insert title here]?

Highlight for the answer: This is DICK TRACY (1990) starring Warren Beatty. for all first and last puzzles, click the label below

10 comments:

Guy said...

"Dick Tracy."

What a gorgeous, and sadly neglected, film. Surely due for a reappraisal at some point.

Carl said...

Really? Heck, I thought it was "who Framed Roger Rabbit"!

NATHANIEL R said...

Either answer is yes (in terms of 'love it) but it is Dick Tracy yes?

Anonymous said...

FYC Rachel Weisz in AGORA

Dusty Hixenbaugh said...

I loved sharing this movie with fourteen-year-olds last year after they'd finished the state tests and needed a couple hours of distraction. They were IN to it.

Anonymous said...

FYC Rachel Weisz in AGORA

Chris Na Taraja said...

Who Framed Roger Rabbit was my first guess, but now I"m remembering that it ended with that big group shot of cartoon characters. right?

Glenn said...

Guy and Nathaniel have it right, it is Dick Tracy. I absolutely loooove this movie. I'd rank it right up there in some form of top 20 list. Amazing movie. Such a trip and an antidote to the comic book movies of today.

Glenn said...

I hadn't actually thought of Roger Rabbit, but I can definitely see it now. Duh to me.

Jen said...

I love that movie so much, and thought I was the only one! In particular, the cinematography is amazing. I think it's one of the only comic book/strip movies that LOOKs like a comic book/strip. There's a bunch of shots that look like a panel from the strip, just gorgeous the way they're framed.