Friday, October 23, 2009

Sage Advice From the Movies, Totally 80s Edition

Never say 'Never!'... at heaven's elevator door


Because... once you dare
you can't get it up
Anymore!!!
That's so true Vanity. It's so true.



This message has been brought to you by Nathaniel's adolescence, permanently warped by Prince and all of his women... Vanity chief among them. She found a place, she
fiiiin'lly found a place for you and me to go | if you want to get in, ha ha | Step on the elevator, press number 7 | that's all you got to do to get yourself in heaven... Argh It's happening again. This song has been stuck in my head for days. I...uh... I... swear I don't know how it got there. I swear I haven't seen a frame of The Last Dragon for years. Not one single frame, sho' nuff. I swear I never sang this song while dancing around in my parent's basement, flashing my eyes like a madwoman.
*

3 comments:

Todd said...

I only know Vanity from her appearances on the 80's soap Falcon Crest. I wish I could forget her. Awful actress.

Walter L. Hollmann said...

Started this semester by watching Last Dragon. Amazing, but it was the first time I realized Rhythm of the Night was performed by a man!

ShoNuff Lives said...

better late then never...

so, this film is one of my all-time favorites (obviously). my namesake & all the insanity there aside, vanity's mustache & vacant eyes are highlights, along with the truly ridiculous title sequence. not to mention faith prince as an aspiring video star saddled to a shmuck of a wannabe producer. just so wonderful, silly & fabulous all wrapped into one.

the meanest, the baddest, the master.