Sunday, October 04, 2009

Krak Addiction. It Ain't Cheap

One of the great frustrations of living in NYC whilst loving theater and cabaret is that these artforms are really only meant for the rich. They're not populist like the movies. But the heart wants what it wants and we love what we love and some of us love things that are shamefully disproportionate to our socioeconomic status.

One of my favorite performers and yours* Jane Krakowski (3o Rock) is doing a show at Feinsteins at the Regency and OF COURSE I want to go. But despite my Krak addiction, I am hesitant. There's this...


So it's $71.86 to hear Jane sing PLUS a $40 food & drink (minimum) PLUS tax and tip on that food and drink minimum -- and if you have an entree and two drinks that's well over $40 -- which means by the end of the night you're out $129.99 and up easy.

I'm tempted to go anyway because this is Jane Krakowski we're talking about. But for that price the TONY winning, Evan Rachel Wood licking, Jude Law servicing, 30 Rock gutbuster better reprise her Nine role (before Penélope Cruz steals it away in the movie).

I'd stay on hold for days for these 'Call(s) from the Vatican'

What I'm saying is that if I'm expected to fork over $129.99, Jane Krakowski better end her set hanging upside down naked over my table performing "Call From the Vatican". That way we can duet on the orgasmic squeal that caps that delicious award-winning number and I'll feel like it's $129.99 well spent.

*I'm just assuming you have good taste

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you just shouldn't drink or eat anything while your there. Or just eat beforehand. I don't know, good luck.

Arkaan said...

You have to spend a minimum of forty dollars on food/drink.

Univarn said...

Yikes! I'm sorry to say this, but it's not worth it... no matter how big of a fan you are. Well, unless you have that kind of money to throw around.

Unknown said...

pay the 70 for the ticket and what not and eat beforehand. if drinking is an absolute necessity you gotta go with the flask. one of mankinds greatest inventions

Sean said...

You must spend at least 40 dollars on food and drink.

I would totally go. I love Jane.

Andrew K. said...

Damn that is steep but this is JK. If I was there I would do some pretty bad things to get there ;). I always feel bad for Jane K [and Sherie Rene Scott to a lesser extent]. They're both good and under loved. I would advise you to go...but you can't go to an addict for help.

Chris Na Taraja said...

Do it, it's worth it! I saw her sing that song on Broadway, and even if she doesn't do it in her show, I'm sure she will do something equally entertaining and fabulous.

Maybe a scene from Rural Jurers!

macartney said...

they do have cheaper tickets for seats at the bar and also standing room tickets for even considerably less (it's the great secret for feinstein's at the regency as well as cafe carlyle). give the hotel a call and ask for the concierge or manager of feinstein's at the regency. just keep it on the dl.

Bailey said...

I live in NYC too and I hate the high ticket prices as well. I'm a student, so I can't really afford too much and don't get to see nearly as many shows/performances as I'd like. LOVE JKrak - she is easily the best part of 30 Rock (which is really saying something, considering the cast and talent)and just soooo damn full of talent. Best thing thing that ever came out of Jersey. Alas, I cannot afford to go to this either. Sigh.

LaLa said...

Plus...Jane is easily the nicest person in Hollywood. The coolest "broad" and 100 times more talented then Tina Fey...please!