Thursday, October 28, 2010

Captain America's Mighty Shield Pecs

Behold: Chris Evans as Steve Rogers (aka Captain America), post-serum obviously.

Captain America: The First Avenger

In all seriousness now, I have to ask: How they gonna make him look scrawny and unfit before he drinks the drink that transforms him into a super soldier?  If you would like to reread this post for several minutes  (no one will blame you) here's a little musical accompaniment.




 Read my weekly column @ Towleroad...
for a little more Chris Evans, some Cary Elwes, Ryan Kwanten, and the wonderful Stephen Merritt of Magnetic Fields fame.
*
Captain America: The First Avenger

12 comments:

Cindy Lopez said...

Shit! He looks HAWT!

NATHANIEL R said...

I understand it's the 1940s but this means that Chris Evans shaved off his chest hair which I'm sure is going to disappoint a lot of voyeu--- i mean viewers

pomme said...

i hope many many shirtless scenes ( saucy smile)

Glenn said...

I was gonna say the same thing! You'd have to hold me back from the monitor if he had his chest hair. As it is? It's an impressive feat of bodybuilding, but "not my thing". His face looks off, too. His serious face is far less handsome than his cheeky/funny/nice face.

Hayden said...

Yummm

chris na Taraja said...

I think Chris Evans is hot, but I've always thought he was wrong for Johnny the flame or human torch of fantastic four And sadly I think he is wrong for Captain America. Who knows? there's always Batman 9!!

Not available said...

This is very confusing for me. Why the Human Torch is playing Captain America is beyond me. I blame this casting for the exclusion of the Fantastic 4 in the upcoming Avengers movie!

MovieNut14 said...

O.O Holy smokes. Another reason for why I like superhero movies.

Roark said...

Hello nurse!

NATHANIEL R said...

Jaso -- but did you really want the FF in the Avengers?

I am so worried* that The Avengers will be terrible.

*maybe not the right word. I EXPECT that it will be terrible because when people create from a product standpoint rather than a "i want to tell this story" standpoint, the results are often completely cynical / lame / leave bad taste.

Agustin said...

chris evans without a beard and chest hair looks kind of fugly
nice body, but without his hair he's like eating a muffin without the top
nice analogy, good for me! yeah!

Frisky said...

He shaved his chest?!?!? UGH!