Monday, October 11, 2010

No Exit Through The Simpsons Shop

Did you catch this frankly amazing Banksy-adjusted opening to The Simpsons? Here it is in all its subversive glory.



This makes me think two things.
  1. I probably should have seen this year's buzzy Banksy street art doc Exit Through the Gift Shop. Of the three documentaries at Sundance that garnered the most "you must see this!" buzz -- the others being Catfish (loved) and Waiting for Superman (did not enjoy) -- it's the one I skipped.
  2. Maybe I should still be watching The Simpsons?

10 comments:

name/url said...

I love it. recently the simpsons isn't the right porridge like goldilocks use to like but i hope it becomes just right again cuz this is funny.

NATHANIEL R said...

i think my main problem is once shows are in syndication I feel completely untethered when i watch them and for whatever reason (call the therapist!) I need to know where I am in sequence for television. This is probably why I only love TV shows that utilise the long-form nature of the medium and why i (generally) hate TV shows that are just single episode situations.

DCL said...

I sorta get what Nat is saying.

I recently saw an episode where marge & homer were dating in the 90s and marge was going to college. Completely out of canon!

So I decided on rewatching Dawson's Creek, don't judge me...

OtherRobert said...

Judging by what's happened so far this season, you should only pick up the show again if you don't mind a whole season of Lisa episodes. We're 3/3.

MRRIPLEY said...

nat,who is in the 2nd pic on banner.

MRRIPLEY said...

nat,who is in the 2nd pic on banner.

Paul Outlaw said...

@ Mr. R:

Academy Award winner Kim Basinger

NATHANIEL R said...

paul -- you are correct sir. though if you read in the other direction as some do, that's Brad Pitt with his cheeks puffed out. The Missus is giving him guff!

Andrew R. said...

I know it's a cartoon, but if you smacked a DVD against a unicorn's horn, the DVD would break.

Anyway, I watch Simpsons episodes in order. On Season 8.

NATHANIEL R said...

andrew r -- you're right. It's scientific fact!