Saturday, September 11, 2004

Exhausted Already

Day One at the festival. So far I am 0 for 2 when all is said and done. :(

After very very little sleep I made it into town, got a little confused and walked a lot of blocks out of my way. There's serious spatial relations problems on the festival map (halfway up the map is about a 10 minute walk and than the same distance again is 20 minutes once you hit the top of the map (where the main ticket office is) and then back again to stop at a different ticket offices before heading to my first film (which I barely made it to in time) Clean.

From there it was on to a British horror flick Creep and because that was across town I had to leave the Q & A with Olivier Assayas and Maggie Cheung from the first film which I did want to see. By the end of the second film (again that problem of travel and lots o walking after 3 hours of sleep the night before) I felt like my limbs had given up so it was skipping my third film (said to be snail paced and I was already nodding off) for a short disco nap.

And now I ready myself for my final flick of the day after which I'll try to post comments on the actual films rather than on the boring parts of the day (i.e. walking and queueing)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But please tell us, o film bitch extraordinaire, - what did you think of the films you actually saw? I breathlessly await your pronouncements....