Monday, July 10, 2006

Linkville

Hollywood
My New Plaid Pants has a great Meryl Streep/Joss Whedon moment regarding Whedon's excellent writing of strong female characters.
VH1 Movie News on Pirates 3. I figured you should read about the third film in the trilogy since you've just seen the commercial for it second film, Dead Man's Chest.
The Wow Report "Who's Suri Now?" Yet more creepiness from the TomKat camp. I used to find Cruise's freakishness mildly amusing but he's passing into the Michael Jackson zone in this past year. I don't want to hear anymore. So why am I linking? I don't know. The trainwreck aspect I suppose.

Off Hollywood
FourFour on "A Confederacy of Dunces"
Towleroad with more political maneuvering given the disappointing NY ruling on gay marriage. My question is starting to become this. Just how long will it take before the GLBT community is treated with respect and actual informed discussion rather than used as bait in divisive political power struggles?

4 comments:

Aaron said...

While we're on the subject of links, Elect An Oscar is up and running (nee "The People's Choice Oscars")

electanoscar.blogspot.com

Take a moment to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Nathaniel
Since we're not talking about anything special... We know loads about your movie taste, but as far as I'm concerned, have you ever said which is your favorite one? Favorite, like in, all-time favorite?

NATHANIEL R said...

west side story
-grew up with it. seen in more times than almost anything else. still love it.

Anonymous said...

Good pick :)