Saturday, July 01, 2006

Superyuck

So last night I am in the movie theater watching Superman Returns with friends. I am a sit in the middle type o guy, always nestled between moviegoing companions like they're my bodyguards or posse. I somehow ended up on the end (what!?!) and was thus dependent on the kindness of strangers to enjoy the movie. I prayed for them to keep quiet, etc... Which they did ...

...until those lipsmacking, tongue slamming and shirt rustling noises began. Yes, the couple next to me cooed, tongued, and all but dropped to the sticky theater floor whenever the film was inbetween super setpieces. which is to say: they did this a lot since Superman Returns is pretty snail paced as these things go. I can't for the life of me figure out what event in Superman Returns --which is very nostalgia driven, G rated and sexless --prompted this tsunami of hormones in them. But boy howdy they weren't about to stop even though I was practically climbing into my girlfriend's lap to escape them.

Ewww.

At least the movie was good.

5 comments:

Beau said...

whoa, i just... wow, that's pretty... i mean, i can't believe that!!!!


...you liked "superman returns"?

adam k. said...

How good WAS the movie?

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the movie. And I'm not usually a fan of super hero movies.

I found X2 and Spiderman 2 to be vastly overrated....although I love Batman Begins.

Glenn Dunks said...

Maybe the girl was just overcome with feelings towards Brandon Routh? I know he's not much of a personality, but he's very good looking. I bet she was picturing it was him all along.

par3182 said...

damn, people slurping on their drinks are irritating enough