Friday, April 24, 2009

Early Halloween Planning?


Alexa here again from Pop Elegantiarum. My thoughts today have turned to all things costumey; Halloween can't come soon enough! So in honor of Nathaniel's love of Nicole, I decided to try and find the best Nicole costume items out there. While it is sold out, I love this Lady Ashley hairpiece over at Fascinating Creations so much, I may just beg her to create another for me. All the better to imagine kissing Hugh in the rain. Now if I could only summon the sewing skill of Molly Ringwald in Pretty In Pink, perhaps I could recreate the dress in that scene too... shopping for these picks just isn't the same somehow.


But really, nothing tops this Moulin Rouge gown over at Deconstructress's etsy shop. Just wearing this, my 5'4" frame would morph into a lithe 5'10" Satine, no? Now I just have to come up with the $700...a bit tough in this economy. Maybe I can find my own evil Duke to invest in my makeover? I have six months, after all.

7 comments:

Wayne B. said...

That dress is D-I-V-I-N-E!
The only thing I envy about women is that they get to wear such beautiful items of clothing.

Derreck said...

*has a total actressgasm*

I loved the red dress from Moulin Rouge and anybody who would pick Satine and that dress as a halloween costume would be forever awesome in my book.

Hell, nearly all the things Nicole wore in that movie could be kickass costumes.

What is it with this blog? It brings out the Nicole Kidman and Moulin Rouge fan out of me almost everyday.

For me, I wouldn't mind having the Duke's kick-ass purple robe (i'm a guy who sucks when it comes to shades, so it's purple to me) and Duke it up this halloween.

That red chengosam (i think i spelt that right) from Australia was beautiful too.

Dammit, now i'm going to have to walk to Blockbuster and rent Australia.

Victor S said...

I want to go to there!!!

Derreck said...

i just looked at the site that was linked with the Moulin Rouge Red dress, and dayum! that woman is talented. She even has a great replica of the Corpse Bride dress.

ah, crap. Now i want to watch The Corpse Bride again. I just also remembered how i loved Victor's vows.

"With this hand,
I will lift your sorrows.
Your cup will never empty,
For I will be your wine.
With this candle,
I will light your way in darkness.
With this ring,
I ask you to be mine."

Beautiful.

I'm never going to get work done while thinking about all these movies. Nat, can i have your job for a while?

Derreck said...

Is it only me or can you easily mistake that pic of Marilyn on the banner for Nicole.

Pale skin, arched eyebrows and blonde hair..

NATHANIEL R said...

Derreck... you wouldn't want my job. I live in abject poverty.

i do get to see a lot of movies though.

Derreck said...

i'm a poor student, so abject poverty wouldn't be much of a change to me. Hell, it would be an upgrade. Plus, i wouldn;t have to feel guilty about watching movies instead of doing the mountains of work i have piled up.

I'm actually watching a movie right now. It's an arthouse kind of movie.

oh, who am i kidding? i'm watching The Nutty Professor. (Eddie Murphy's version)

*looks away in shame*

:P