Monday, November 02, 2009

F&L: He's Got Character

first image after the opening credits:


last line in the movie
man with mock frustration: It's locked. It's locked! Uh...
woman who is about to get some: [giggles]
man: Thank god I have the key.
Can you name the movie? Highlight for a clue if you need it: The comic actor who stars in and wrote this movie has never been nominated for an Oscar for his acting... even when he won important critics awards for a movie three years before this romantic comedy.


Still stumped? Highlight for the answer: ROXANNE (1987) with Steve Martin and Daryl Hannah
for all first and last puzzles, click the label below

8 comments:

Terry said...

Roxanne?

The Pretentious Know it All said...

Someone beat me to it. Roxanne. Damn it.

Jen said...

Wow that was fast! Yep, Roxanne -- I love this movie.

NATHANIEL R said...

I love it too. I wish steve martin and daryl hannah both could get another role in a movie as good as this.

Robert Hamer said...

Meanwhile, Robin Williams got an Oscar nomination that year for annoying the hell out of us in Good Morning, Vietnam.

NATHANIEL R said...

Hamer... don't get me started. Steve Martin was better in All of Me than Robin Williams was in anything and Robin has 4 nominations and a win!!!

ah well, at least the Globes have nominated Martin from time to time.

Unknown said...

Ahh, Roxanne, one of my favourites of all time! I must admit that I have the movie memorized and would know that final dialogue anywhere. ;)

And yes, Martin deserved an Oscar nomination for his performance and even for the Adapted Screenplay.

The Pretentious Know it All said...

Every time someone mentions that Robin Williams has an Oscar, it's like I'm hearing it for the first time. I always forget about it until I'm told again. It's like my brain won't allow me to retain that piece of information for my own sanity.