Friday, January 22, 2010

Sundance Day 1: Howl at the Wind

My Sundance adventure is off to an extremely odd start. It's movie-less. I've been in Phoenix Arizona for so many hours now I feel like maybe I live here (gulp). And I don't know if you know this but Phoenix Arizona is not where the Sundance Film Festival takes place! Crazy ass rain and winds that want to grow up to be tornados have cancelled many flights. I was only supposed to switch planes! That was months ago.

Meanwhile, at the actual festival Howl premiered starring James Franco as Allen Ginsberg. They say he's pretty good in it, even if the movie is a mixed bag. I wanted to see this one but after last week I'm afraid I'll never be able to see Franco again without thinking of horny Japanese body pillows and threesomes with Liz Lemon. Oh 30 Rock you spoil us so!

A Japanese body pillow sounds awesome right about now. The airport floor is killing me. It's carpet that feels just like cement.

7 comments:

Wayne B said...

As somebody who's had to sleep on an airport floor a few times, I feel your pain. Just think, at least karma owes you back big-time for this one now. :)

Fernando Moss said...

I am 3 hours away from Phoenix and the weather right now is AWFUL... A W F U L... It's been raining non stop for hours. I hope you can make it to a plane as soon as posible Nat.

jbaker475 said...

That's really a shame that you've been stuck in the airport for so long; I HATE that, especially when the flight is going to take you to something awesome. I'm interested in Howl, and I wish you could have been there to see it.

Oh, and that screencap from 30Rock is fantastic, by the way :)

adelutza said...

In Park City is snowing like crazy and I'm settling in to watch Bran Nue Dae.

Timothy Griffiths said...

The airline wouldn't put you up somewhere? Damn.
They got me a hotel room on Christmas when they cancelled my connecting flight out of Minneapolis. I ended up getting REALLLLLY drunk at an airport bar with these people from Seattle and a girl who lived 10 blocks from me in NYC. The bartender served us $2 shots of anything with our beers. Then I went back to the hotel room and checked out the pay-per-view and A Serious Man was on there. It was really good (again). Oh, and they left their snack booth unmanned in the middle of the night so I stole a ben and jerry's ice cream bar, two bags of doritos, and a diet coke. In your face, Marriott.

Marshall1 said...

30 Rock is still one of the best comedies this year! BUT I always watch it twice or three times because some of the jokes just go by soooo quickly. Alec Baldwin certainly underplays his comedy even more!
Love your screencap jbaker475!!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep on posting such stories. I like to read articles like that. BTW add more pics :)