Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Today In Cinema - 1:26:10 - ala StinkyLulu

This post is part of the new-ish photoseries that I've begun running over at StinkyLulu and which was inspired, in part, by Nathaniel's now legendary 20:07 series. Each of my "Today in Cinema" posts features a screenshot captured at (A) a precise moment in a favorite film's running time that (B) numerically corresponds somehow to today's date.
1:26:10
If you recognize the film, say so in comments.
Then, tell us what you love/loathe most about the flick.


SPECIAL (EASY) CHALLENGE FOR TFE READERS:

Tell us why this shot also corresponds to one of 2010's "baitiest" turns.

9 comments:

A N D R E W said...

Not sure about the film.

But has this got something to do with Dakota Fanning in 'The Runaways'. I guess the role is kinda baity...

Sean said...

Is it Gummo?

Christine said...

It's Foxes with Cherie Curie

StinkyLulu said...

@Christine: BINGO!

Christine said...

Yay! I got one! I forgot to say what I love and loathe about the film. Love: Jodie Foster gives another one of her great
late 70s/early 80s performances; also, the film shows a realistically grimy 70s Los Angeles. Loathe: the music is mostly pretty awful and there are too many scenes with Scot Baio.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Foxes. Incredibly bad movie but Jodie Foster is adorable and excellent as always. Plus, isn't that a Donna Summer song in the opening? I agree with Christine: Scott Baio is one of the most loathsome ingredients.

StinkyLulu said...

I just love this movie. And I do think it's Jodie's best pre-adult performance (better than Taxi Driver and Alice, even.)


I sorta love the music. Because it's just so wrong. And I just love that scary climactic sequence with Cherie Currie hitchhiking. Baio's bad, but I sorta like how seeing them together reminds me of Bugsy Malone>

Christine said...

As a lover of early 80s/late 70s forgotten cinema I must disagree. Jodie's best pre-adult performance is in The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane.

Also, the Donna Summer song is "On the Radio." I guess by bad music I mean that I can't imagine the very cool girls in this movie listening to disco in 1980. Surely they would have been into punk or at least New Wave at this time?

StinkyLulu said...

OK, Christine. You got me. I haven't seen LITTLE GIRL since I was a kid, so it's now on my q.