Thursday, October 06, 2005

Oh happy day

Tomorrow is Friday. Friday is the best day of the week because that's when movies come out!

In Her Shoes -Buzzed to be the best 'chick flick' in many years. Now, regardless of what you think about the term Chick Flick, it's still a compliment. Whenever you're said to be the best of anything, it's all good.
Goodnight and Good Luck -Buzzed to be an Oscar contender in some categories, including Best Actor (David Stathairn), Director (George Clooney), and Cinematography (Robert Elswit). We shall see.
Wallace and Gromit in the Curse of the Were-Rabbit -Buzzed to be IS truly funny and you must see it. I saw it last week and I'm still chuckling. Certain to be the frontrunner for this year's animated Oscar.
Squid and the Whale -Buzzed to feature a terrific performance by Jeff Daniels that hopes to compete in the ridiculously crowded Best Actor race. Good luck Jeff (for the record in my world he's already a nominee for 1985's Purple Rose of Cairo).

What will you see?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: Wallace and Gromit. And I thought you said there "weren't any locks"! :-)

NicksFlickPicks said...

I'm gonna try to cram in a Wallace/Shoes double feature tomorrow afternoon. I've been thirsting for In Her Shoes for months.

NATHANIEL R said...

dusty -I did... but my theory on locks is that it is an impossibility unless you are actually in theaters. So, tomorrow W & G becomes (arguably) our first "lock" ---but it's still not a true lock because they could always opt out of the category this year if they don't think there are enough films to warrant an award.

Anonymous said...

Where did all the animated films GO? It seems that towards the start of this year we we all like "finally this year will be interesting"... but, it's really not. GO WALLACE AND GROMIT (and Lady Tottington)

I'm seeing In Her Shoes next week when it's released here. This week sometime I plan to see The Proposition starring Guy Pearce, Ray Winstone, Danny Huston, Emily Watson and David Wenham. It's an "Australian Western" written by Nick Cave so that's always a good sign!

It looks seriously good, and it apparently VEEEERY violent.

I am also going to be seeing Must See Dogs on Tuesday. It's only $6.50 on Tuesdays! We always see the "possibly good-possibly bad" movies on Tuesday. $6.50 movies are a jackpot.

I might convince my girls to see In Her Shoes on Thursday cause it's my 20th birthday!

-Glenn

qta said...

I really want to see Wallace and Gromit... but, I LOVE Jeff Daniels... definately one the the most underrecognized and underrated actors working today. He is wonderful in Everything.