And the final piece of the puzzle for figuring out Oscar's acting categories has been put into place...
Good Night, and Good Luck
Hustle & Flow
* Good news for Capote
* Cool! Hustle & Flow
* Snubs that sting Squid and Whale
Russell Crowe, Cinderella Man
Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Capote
Heath Ledger, Brokeback Mountain
Joaquin Phoenix, Walk the Line
David Strathairn, Good Night, and Good Luck
* Good news for Crowe --which means bad news for more deserving candidates. ARGH
* Snubs that sting: Jeff Daniels Squid and the Whale and Ralph Fiennes Constant Gardener who both really needed this.
Judi Dench, Mrs Henderson Presents
Felicity Huffman, Transamerica
Charlize Theron, North Country
Reese Witherspoon, Walk the Line
Ziyi Zhang, Memoirs of a Geisha
* Good news for Zhang --which means bad news for more deserving candidates. ARGH!
* Snubs that sting: Joan Allen The Upside of Anger and Keira Knightley Pride & Prejudice
Best Supporting Actor
Don Cheadle, Crash
George Clooney, Syriana
Matt Dillon, Crash
Paul Giamatti, Cinderella Man
Jake Gyllenhaal, Brokeback Mountain
* Good news for Crash --managed to get two guys in there.
* Snubs that sting: Frank Langella Good Night and Good Luck and Donald SutherlandPride & Prejudice since SAG likes the vets this was their best chance to get in the game.
Best Supporting Actress
Amy Adams, Junebug
Catherine Keener, Capote
Frances McDormand, North Country
Rachel Weisz Constant Gardener
Michelle Williams, Brokeback Mountain
* Good news for Amy Adams Junebug --I thought this was too small to make it to SAG or Oscar
* Snubs that sting: Maria Bello A History of Violence and Shirley Maclaine In Her Shoes
BIGGEST GAINER TODAY: CAPOTE
BIGGEST LOSERS: A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE & THE SQUID AND THE WHALE